+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refusal from Malaysia

nigelpak

Jul 23, 2018
I'm planning to visit my friend in Vancouver,Canada and at the same time attend an event on the 20th to 25th August. Planning to fly into Canada on the 18th and leave on the 28th. Few days before and after for sight seeing with my friend around Vancouver.

Have applied for a temporary resident visa and was refused with the letter stating:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-travel history
-purpose of visit
-Current employment situation
-Personal assets and financial status

I applied the visa through an agent in Malaysia called VFS Global. They checked and all my documents were in order for submission.

For travel history- I have provided my passport and there is only 1 travel destination of South Korea I went recently.
Purpose of Visit- I have shown the event tickets of date 20th to 25th, and a letter from my friend stating that he'll be hosting me on my stay and will be sight seeing on the 18th, 19th, 26th, 27th and 28th. My friend has Permanent Resident status and I have provided his PR card as well.
Current employment situation- I have provided a letter from my employer stating that I have applied leave and approved on those dates, my position in the company and my monthly salary. Have provided my payslips of 3 months that was required.
Personal assets and financial status- I have provided my sales and purchase agreement of 1 of my house, bank statements of 6 months.

I am confused as to why is this being rejected. I am disheartened as my flight is on the 18th of August and I have less than a month to find out why and fix it so I can reapply again before my flight.

At this point what I have done:
Sent an email to singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca to request further details why I was rejected.
Called VFS Global (The agent in Malaysia) and they advised me that this is under the high commissioner's discretion as to why I was refused.

Any advice is really appreciated as I'm clueless right now.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
What you have done so far will be fruitless unfortunately. The only way for sure to know the real reasons for refusal is to order the case notes, but that takes 30 days.

You hold a Malaysian passport? How long have you been employed?

nigelpak

Jul 23, 2018
What you have done so far will be fruitless unfortunately. The only way for sure to know the real reasons for refusal is to order the case notes, but that takes 30 days.

You hold a Malaysian passport? How long have you been employed?
Hi Bella,

I read about that, ATIP (Access to Information & Privacy) for immigration matters. It says it takes no longer than 30 days and if I need the physical file, no longer than 60 days.

Yes, Malaysian passport. Have been employed with the same company since Sept 2015.

A thing to note is that my application is being courier-ed to the high commission of Singapore.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Bella,

I read about that, ATIP (Access to Information & Privacy) for immigration matters. It says it takes no longer than 30 days and if I need the physical file, no longer than 60 days.

Yes, Malaysian passport. Have been employed with the same company since Sept 2015.

A thing to note is that my application is being courier-ed to the high commission of Singapore.
I am aware the Singapore VO handles applications from Malaysia. That detail is irrelevant to the decision though. If you apply online rather than through VFS on paper, more likely than not, Singapore will handle your file anyway.

I’m rather stumped myself because your finances seem ok; just the travel history that’s in doubt, unless standards for Malaysian passport holders are more stringent than what I’m used to.

nigelpak

Jul 23, 2018
What can I do now to get the visa before my flight?

What is the amount of funds needed to be in my account for visa approval?

Can I just transfer 100k to my account to show I have funds?
I own 3 cars and paying them monthly, should I show these as well?
Should I ask my employer to add to the letter stating the assurance that I will return to work?
Should I ask my friend to add the assurance that I will leave Canada on the stated date on 28th?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
What can I do now to get the visa before my flight?

What is the amount of funds needed to be in my account for visa approval?

Can I just transfer 100k to my account to show I have funds?
I own 3 cars and paying them monthly, should I show these as well?
Should I ask my employer to add to the letter stating the assurance that I will return to work?
Should I ask my friend to add the assurance that I will leave Canada on the stated date on 28th?
Rule of thumb is CA$1000/week plus airfare.

Cars might help.

Employer assurance might help. It might also help to submit a certificate of employment with a brief description of your job duties, salary, start date, and benefits. (Did you submit one, BTW? Sounds like you only submitted a leave approval.)

Your friend’s assurance, not really.

nigelpak

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you Bella,

My only option is to reapply and put more documents that ties me back to Malaysia like my own commitments, job and taking care of my retired parents. Will show a 2000CAD budget and prove with bank statements that I will be using for my trip. Flight, accomodation and event tickets have been paid for. I will write a cover letter explaining briefly on my application for each documents.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you Bella,

My only option is to reapply and put more documents that ties me back to Malaysia like my own commitments, job and taking care of my retired parents. Will show a 2000CAD budget and prove with bank statements that I will be using for my trip. Flight, accomodation and event tickets have been paid for. I will write a cover letter explaining briefly on my application for each documents.
Sounds good for the most part. I suggest you submit an itemized budget estimate of your trip and present all your finances. The flights and accommodation being paid for don’t matter. Just focus again on your ties back to Malaysia, and I think you have a shot.

nigelpak

Jul 23, 2018
Sounds good for the most part. I suggest you submit an itemized budget estimate of your trip and present all your finances. The flights and accommodation being paid for don’t matter. Just focus again on your ties back to Malaysia, and I think you have a shot.
Hi Bella, just a quick update. I have finally got my visa approved and have collected my passport back. 4 days before my flight on the 18th of August.

Thanks to you, I have improved my application. Gave very comprehensive documents for all my employment last 10 years (Including uni/college to fill up the 10 year gap), Asked employer to revise letter to give assurance, gave more proof of financial obligations, gave my previous passport with lots of places traveled including Australia twice, wrote them a cover letter explaining any questionable gaps in my life's timeline and explaining my family's situation where I need to be physically here to take care of my sick elderly mum.

Thanks again Bella,
Nigel.

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Bella, just a quick update. I have finally got my visa approved and have collected my passport back. 4 days before my flight on the 18th of August.

Thanks to you, I have improved my application. Gave very comprehensive documents for all my employment last 10 years (Including uni/college to fill up the 10 year gap), Asked employer to revise letter to give assurance, gave more proof of financial obligations, gave my previous passport with lots of places traveled including Australia twice, wrote them a cover letter explaining any questionable gaps in my life's timeline and explaining my family's situation where I need to be physically here to take care of my sick elderly mum.

Thanks again Bella,
Nigel.
Very well done on your hard work. Congratulations, and have a safe trip!

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
It would be much better if you go earlier to any professional consultants in KL area , not to VFS.
because VFS is just a courier company who just collect your documents and send it to Singapore , but professional consultants can see your case according to there experience.
I think better option in KL area is BP Management sdn bhd guys and there website is www.gocanada.biz
they are quite professional and the reviews about them can be seen on google as well.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017

Thanks again Bella,
Nigel.
Congratulations and good luck