+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Processing time is taking more than the usual

tonmyot7

Dec 9, 2016
I have applied for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada from USA online on November 3rd, 2016. I did my biometrics on 4th November, 2016. And after this, my application status remains like

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Site indicates, from USA its taking 20 days for processing time. But its been more than a month and there is no update. I am planning to visit there during Christmas holidays.
Should i contact with them regarding my visa? Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The processing times posted on the web site are just estimates - it's quite possible for processing to take significantly longer. You can certainly send a case specific inquiry to request status.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
tonmyot7 said:
Site indicates, from USA its taking 20 days for processing time. But its been more than a month and there is no update. I am planning to visit there during Christmas holidays.
Days posted are an esimate, not a commitment.

The days are based on 80% of the applications recieved. If you needed biuometrics your application will surely take much longer than 20 days.

tonmyot7 said:
Should i contact with them regarding my visa? Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
You can, but you won't get more than "we are processing your appplication".

steller

Mar 2, 2015
I had applied for TRV on Oct 19 (Online) from India.. IRCC informed.. my application in-process. CIC processing times shows 27 DAYS .. its already 52 days.. How many more days to wait.. Seeking advice from senior members. Thanks

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Looks like we're in the same club. Been over 2 months here, online application from the US for my folks. Went through all the channels to get an update (called, submitted web form, emailed NY office) but got the usual "under process" non-answer. Finally decided enough was enough and went to the MP's office. The staff there followed up and it turns out the application has apparently been approved but PPR hasn't been issued (the MP office staff was told it may take up to a week after approval to send out PPR, unbelievable). It's been a week since this unofficial update and still no PPR so I don't know what or whom to believe. I'm just baffled by the sheer inefficiency of the TRV process. I don't know what's going on. Probably staffing issues. IRCC needs to get this fixed.

Let's keep each other updated. Best wishes to you all.

tonmyot7

Dec 9, 2016
Update: This Monday I got an email stating that a decision has been made and requesting my passport to finalize the process.
Hope its a good sign.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
tonmyot7 said:
Update: This Monday I got an email stating that a decision has been made and requesting my passport to finalize the process.
Hope its a good sign.
was it a good sign ?

I received something like this today:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

Does that mean I am approved ?

Fatima minhaj

Sep 4, 2017
Same here, i applied from usa, and from usa the processing time is showing 19 days. I applied on 11 October. On the second day I submitted my biometric. But after that they don’t show any update. What to do?

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
was it a good sign ?

I received something like this today:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

Does that mean I am approved ?

Yes, your application has been approved. Congratulations.

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Same here, i applied from usa, and from usa the processing time is showing 19 days. I applied on 11 October. On the second day I submitted my biometric. But after that they don’t show any update. What to do?

Sit back , relax and enjoy the waiting game. Be patient as there is no standard time for background checks processing.

kpatel123

Nov 15, 2017
I have applied for CANADA on basis of spouse visa.
Everything is completed......
I got CSQ from canada before 2 months back.
As per agent i will get passport submission mail from Delhi.....
When i will get mail????
How much time it will take????

Anybody help....

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Indeed but that becaues of some fools went to canada on trv and apply assylums. Thats why Canadaian embassies are taking bit longer time to make sure all the points will be checked before visa.
due to 1 person 100 suffer behind yeakh