+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV process delay

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for TRV back in April, 2020 and then the processing time was 40 days and now we are in August, 2020. I still haven’t had my TRV processed, it says the application is in progress so not sure what is going on during this COVID time. I’m stuck here in Canada, unable to travel and visit one country to tend to someone important. Anyone with similar situation ? Please advise if your TRV was accepted or rejected in such cases. I currently have my PGWP working in CA after my studies here. I also updated a recent change of address to my TRV application.
Hello All,
Applied on April 27, 2020
Received Passport Request Letter on August 11, 2020

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: PravinDeo

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Hi can you tell the NOC code and when did you give your biometrics
Hey,
I applied for Visitor Visa from within Canada! I am not too sure if they asked for a NOC code. I mentioned that my biometrics was already given for my Study visa previously., so I didn’t have to give biometrics. Currently I’m on my PGWP working in Canada and now this TRV is approved.
Regardless, the CIC website mentions that for those who are already in Canada, biometrics is not needed for TRV as a temporary measure due to COVID-19.

Please verify with this tool on CIC website :

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Thanks

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
@Preeta511 and @aziza_ber , Thank you for your timelines.
Can you please update timelines as well, when office'll receive your passports and send it back?

Best regards
Hello,

I mailed my passport via Canada Post XPress on the same day I received my passport letter. I recall reading in link that redirected me from the passport letter that it takes 14 ‘Calendar Days’ for stamping and sending it back.

August 11, 2020- Mailed my Passport.
August 13, 2020- Received at Ottawa.

14 Calendar days would be approximately 24th or 25th August, 2020, I hope to expect some news around that time.

Please visit the following site to verify visa stamping time for TRV according to the country where :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

Thanks.

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

I mailed my passport via Canada Post XPress on the same day I received my passport letter. I recall reading in link that redirected me from the passport letter that it takes 14 ‘Calendar Days’ for stamping and sending it back.

August 11, 2020- Mailed my Passport.
August 13, 2020- Received at Ottawa.

14 Calendar days would be approximately 24th or 25th August, 2020, I hope to expect some news around that time.

Please visit the following site to verify visa stamping time for TRV according to the country where :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

Thanks.
Hello All,

Update - Counterfoil Printed on August 18, 2020.

Thanks

Reactions: PravinDeo

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
I applied for my kids visitor visas from inside canada on June 30 after receiving extension in their visitor record. No update so far. Called call centre few days ago and the agent said it’s under process. 4 months is too much. Anyone else in same situation?

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I applied for my kids visitor visas from inside canada on June 30 after receiving extension in their visitor record. No update so far. Called call centre few days ago and the agent said it’s under process. 4 months is too much. Anyone else in same situation?
Hi there. I'm still waiting for my visitor record. I applied mid-May this year. Nothing so far.

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
My Visitor Record submitted in June 18 2020.
No update so far yet. we are the same boat, Bro
Visitor record takes time. My kid got visitor record and then I applied for visa sticker to be pasted on passport. It used to take 10 days before COVID and now it’s 40 days but we haven’t heard anything for 120 days.

Reactions: Estefania