+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV process delay

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for TRV back in April, 2020 and then the processing time was 40 days and now we are in August, 2020. I still haven’t had my TRV processed, it says the application is in progress so not sure what is going on during this COVID time. I’m stuck here in Canada, unable to travel and visit one country to tend to someone important. Anyone with similar situation ? Please advise if your TRV was accepted or rejected in such cases. I currently have my PGWP working in CA after my studies here. I also updated a recent change of address to my TRV application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I applied for TRV back in April, 2020 and then the processing time was 40 days and now we are in August, 2020. I still haven’t had my TRV processed, it says the application is in progress so not sure what is going on during this COVID time. I’m stuck here in Canada, unable to travel and visit one country to tend to someone important. Anyone with similar situation ? Please advise if your TRV was accepted or rejected in such cases. I currently have my PGWP working in CA after my studies here. I also updated a recent change of address to my TRV application.
You don't need the approved TRV to leave Canada. You are free to travel now.

You will need the TRV to be approved to return.

All processing has been delayed due to COVID-19. I don't see any reason why your TRV would be refused. It's just taking longer to process along with everything else these days.

Reactions: Preeta511

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hello All,

I’m in the same case as you. I have a work permit and I applied for a visitor visa in May to be able to leave and come back to Canada. I received a correspondence letter on July 13th but since then no updates.

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
I’m in the same case as you. I have a work permit and I applied for a visitor visa in May to be able to leave and come back to Canada. I received a correspondence letter on July 13th but since then no updates.
Hey what is a correspondence letter ?
So far I can only see that my application is in “progress” I am not sure if I should expect a correspondence letter ?

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hey what is a correspondence letter ?
So far I can only see that my application is in “progress” I am not sure if I should expect a correspondence letter ?
Actually it’s a correspondence letter that states that my biometrics are valid and I don’t need to provide them.

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Actually it’s a correspondence letter that states that my biometrics are valid and I don’t need to provide them.
Wow, I haven’t received anything like that so far. My biometrics was provided initially when I came to Canada for studies, so I believe it is valid for 10 years. Hence I mentioned in application that my biometrics is given. !? Am I wrong ?

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Wow, I haven’t received anything like that so far. My biometrics was provided initially when I came to Canada for studies, so I believe it is valid for 10 years. Hence I mentioned in application that my biometrics is given. !? Am I wrong ?
My application just reads that all sections are in progress and that they don’t need any additional information from me and if they did they’ll notify me.

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Don’t worry, I guess if some information are missing they will Contact you! Hope we will get an update soon.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hello All,

Applied for TRV on June 11 and got passport request on Aug 05.

Preeta511

Oct 16, 2017
Applied for TRV on June 11 and got passport request on Aug 05.
Wow that was pretty quick for you. Did you have to give biometrics ? I recall giving biometrics for my study visa initially and I thought I had already given so I chose the option “yes” for biometrics given.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Wow that was pretty quick for you. Did you have to give biometrics ? I recall giving biometrics for my study visa initially and I thought I had already given so I chose the option “yes” for biometrics given.
I have given biometrics in 2015 and they are valid for 10 years. So no biometrics again.

aziza_ber

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone ! This forum has helped me a lot and I want to share with you some updates.

I finally received the passport request today.

Timeline:
07 May, 2020 : Visitor visa - TRV (inside canada)
13 July, 2020 : Received Correspondence Letter for biometrics
13 August 2020 : Passport Request

Good luck !

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone ! This forum has helped me a lot and I want to share with you some updates.

I finally received the passport request today.

Timeline:
07 May, 2020 : Visitor visa - TRV (inside canada)
13 July, 2020 : Received Correspondence Letter for biometrics
13 August 2020 : Passport Request

Good luck !
Hi was your visa filed under GSS Processing??