Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

So, I got a response on the TRV application with a refusal stating:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

Should this be considered as a ban or having a negative impact on my PR?

Quite disappointed. But, I also haven't committed any misrepresentation so I don't know. I think I might as well try for other opportunities considering how much of a trouble it has been with the overall process.

I had also been reading conditions of refusals for dual intent TRV's here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Considering my original dates for the event have already passed while the TRV was being processed, does this refusal make sense? or should I just give up hope on the PR as well?

Any views?

Thanks!
No impact on PR. This is not misrepresentation - it's just a refusal.

Reactions: arnabsaha

arnabsaha

Mar 1, 2019
Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Wanted to write in as it's been a while. As mentioned in the thread, the TRV issue had caused the PR to go on hold.

And it's been months since there has been any update on the PR application.

I ordered the GCMS notes too, doesn't look like anyone has even touched it since April 2019. It's already been a year since I applied for the PR.

Do you guys have any suggestions to get any update or expedite this? Calling or emailing CIC hasn't really worked either.

Thanks,
Arnab

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Wanted to write in as it's been a while. As mentioned in the thread, the TRV issue had caused the PR to go on hold.

And it's been months since there has been any update on the PR application.

I ordered the GCMS notes too, doesn't look like anyone has even touched it since April 2019. It's already been a year since I applied for the PR.

Do you guys have any suggestions to get any update or expedite this? Calling or emailing CIC hasn't really worked either.

Thanks,
Arnab
This probably has nothing to do with the TRV issue, looking around at the forums PR can take a long time.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi @arnabsaha,
Is there any progress in your case?
I believe the CIC is overburdened with the PR applications(~3.3k every 2 weeks) + they have timeline of issuing the PR in 6 Months, so if they get a chance to put something on hold, they do it!

Also, Did you try to apply for another Leap event ?

arnabsaha

Mar 1, 2019
Hi @omnishu

No there hasn't been any progress on my case. I even got GCMS which says they haven't touched my file since April of this year.

I didn't apply for any other event. Honestly, I've given up on this. I'm focusing on other career opportunities as of now.

This was a waste of time and money. Anyway, life gives you lemons at times I guess.

Cheers!

Reactions: omnishu

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi @omnishu

No there hasn't been any progress on my case. I even got GCMS which says they haven't touched my file since April of this year.

I didn't apply for any other event. Honestly, I've given up on this. I'm focusing on other career opportunities as of now.

This was a waste of time and money. Anyway, life gives you lemons at times I guess.

Cheers!
Try TopTal. They pay kickass amount of money!
make Canada in India!