+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV problem after study permit extension!

worriedlad

Feb 7, 2021
I applied for a study permit extension, and got it approved till March 31st 2024 which was expiring on December 31st 2023.

My TRV expired on December 31st 2023 as per the old study permit. Now I have graduated and waiting for my confirmation of graduation.

I want to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa till the new expiry date just in case. But when I try to apply it is asking for my Enrolment Letter which I don't have as Sep-Dec was my last term.

How can I apply for a new TRV? Please help!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I applied for a study permit extension, and got it approved till March 31st 2024 which was expiring on December 31st 2023.

My TRV expired on December 31st 2023 as per the old study permit. Now I have graduated and waiting for my confirmation of graduation.

I want to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa till the new expiry date just in case. But when I try to apply it is asking for my Enrolment Letter which I don't have as Sep-Dec was my last term.

Apply for a visitor permit to extend your stay in Canada instead. Processing time is about 3 months but you will have implied status while it is being processed, which should take you close to the end of March even if it isn't approved.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Apply for pgwp then make new application for the visitors visa attaching copy of your pgwp...