+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV passport return time.

Manalidesai

Apr 17, 2018
Hello ,

My fiancee applied for TRV within canada , on 4th Aug he got an update that the application process is finished and after that there is no communication has done ,after giving instruction also canadian post officer lady forgot to sent passport through xpress service and all this mess happened , my fiancee has sent return envolope to the ottava to confirm the address again and that they have received in last week of August , Customer care ppl are keep saying that your passport is with us we will courier that soon , but there is no any tracker updation yet , he also personally visited to the ottava office but they did not allowed him to meet any officers they said we cant hep you in this process you have to wait for the reply , now we are really worried as we have marraige in oct and he needs to fly to India and also passport is the only Identity proof he has in canada . Is thr any way we can expedite the process .

Last edited:

Manalidesai

Apr 17, 2018
Hello ,

My fiancee applied for TRV within canada , on 4th Aug he got an update that the application process is finished and after that there is no communication has done ,after giving instruction also canadian post officer lady forgot to sent passport through xpress service and all this mess happened , my fiancee has sent return envolope to the ottava to confirm the address again and that they have received in last week of August , Customer care ppl are keep saying that your passport is with us we will courier that soon , but there is no any tracker updation yet , he also personally visited to the ottava office but they did not allowed him to meet any officers they said we cant hep you in this process you have to wait for the reply , now we are really worried as we have marraige in oct and he needs to fly to India and also passport is the only Identity proof he has in canada . Is thr any way we can expedite the process .
------------------------------------
The further update on this is now they have lost passport .
Hi ,

after constant follow up he received mail from IRCC in last week mentioning that they unable to locate passport and they have also mentioned in the email that keeping your travel date in mind you may apply for new passport , Now my question is who is responsible for this loss , will he get emergency passport before travel date ? can IRCC help us in this to get urgent passport from Indian embassy .

We are really worried , my fiancee is depressed in foreign land passport is such important ID proof he lost just because of IRCC careless behavior .

Please help ! Please guide !

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I applied my trv from inside Canada on 11 August. Got my passport request on 4 October. Submitted my passport on 5 October and still waiting to get my application approval. They are taking forever to process applications with just 10 days time.
Hi Adeel,

Any insights will be very helpful. I'm in the same situation. It's my sister's wedding and I don't want to miss it. I applied for TRV on Sep 12 and there's no update so far.
Can you please share your complete timeline? It will be very helpful.

Thanks

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hello Dear All

I am from Pakistan worried and disappointed about decision of my application. As I applied online for the TRV on 19th July,2018 from Stockholm Sweden ( as got Postdoc Fellow position) in University of Ottawa Canada. After sending emails and filling CSE webforms I have got following information about my application. Can I know what will be next stage? Still how long it will take to get decision? Your response will highly be appreciated.

Your application is currently still in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

Thanks

yys963489

Apr 27, 2019
Hi friends, I am an international student and got approved for my extension of Study Permit. I also applied online for TRV and was requested to send my original passport to CPP Ottawa. I sent it through Xpresspost and was updated my passport is received from the tracking info. I would like to know how long it would take for them to process it and send it back to me? I am having a scheduled flight on May.7th, and am feeling nervous if I can't get it back before my flight. I tried to look up online and many different timelines I saw. I am so worried about this.
My timeline:

Passport delivered to the office: April.18th
CIC Status updated to approved: April. 27th (With counterfoil and document number)
Tracker activated: Not yet

SAURABH.S

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Friends here is my timeline I am bit worried about my passport (Applied for TRV - on work permit)
Passport request: 30 May 2019
Passport sent: 1st June 2019
Current Location: Ottawa
Passport received: 4th June at CPC-Ottawa
Application Stamp-ted: 7th June 2019
No tracker updated and Passport not received

How to contact them regarding this, please suggest

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Friends here is my timeline I am bit worried about my passport (Applied for TRV - on work permit)
Passport request: 30 May 2019
Passport sent: 1st June 2019
Current Location: Ottawa
Passport received: 4th June at CPC-Ottawa
Application Stamp-ted: 7th June 2019
No tracker updated and Passport not received

How to contact them regarding this, please suggest
Hey,
When did you receive the passport?

kamalyadav

Sep 27, 2019
Applied on: 28 Aug 2019
Original Passport Requested: 12 Sep 2019
Passport Sent : 24 Sep 2019
Passport Delivered in Ottawa passport office: 25 Sep 2019
Got the passport back: 8 Oct 2019
So it took around 2 weeks to get the passport back.

kamalyadav

Sep 27, 2019
Yes, you can call them:1882422100 from inside Canada, but its really hard to connect.
But they will say the same thing of 2 weeks time.

Dipinderk

Sep 9, 2019
Hi everyone, below is the timeline for my TRV application!

TRV submitted: 8 Oct 2019
Passport Requested: 11 Oct 2019
Passport Sent: 11 Oct 2019
Passport was received by CPC Ottawa: 15 Oct 2019
TRV Status updated: 24 Oct 2019
Return tracker activated: 28 Oct 2019
Passport received: 29 Oct 2019

Note: I attached a copy of flight tickets with my application. Though I missed my flight, it did help in speeding up the process.

Last edited:

RQQ

Nov 1, 2019
Hi everyone, below is the timeline for my TRV application!

TRV submitted: 8 Oct 2019
Passport Requested: 11 Oct 2019
Passport Sent: 11 Oct 2019
Passport was received by CPC Ottawa: 15 Oct 2019
TRV Status updated: 24 Oct 2019
Return tracker activated: 28 Oct 2019
Passport received: 29 Oct 2019

Note: I attached a copy of flight tickets with my application. Though I missed my flight, it did help in speeding up the process.
Hi,

How do you know that the copy helped speeding up the process? I'm in the same boat. Attached a copy of flight itinerary when sending out the passport to CPP-Ottawa but no update so far.

adityakraju

Nov 5, 2019
Hey Friends,
Can anyone share their recent timeline for TRV. Because I got my TRV approved on November 6. And do anyone have any idea how long will it take to get back cause I have to reach my home country before 13 of this month (emergency) Kindly please help me out.

kamalyadav

Sep 27, 2019
Hey Friends,
Can anyone share their recent timeline for TRV. Because I got my TRV approved on November 6. And do anyone have any idea how long will it take to get back cause I have to reach my home country before 13 of this month (emergency) Kindly please help me out.
Generally it takes 2 weeks after your passport reach to immigration office, when did you send the original passport for stamping?