+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv(outside canada)applicants july. Please comment below your updates.

PBSahni

Feb 15, 2018
I am applying for visitor visa for my father online but choosing visa office as India ? Do I need to provide notarized sponsorship letter ? In my account it does not say anything .On another page it says only if your visa office require notarized letter but I can not find any information regarding New Delhi visa office requirements
Is the Delhi office open? Any idea about biometrics there?

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
If the guide/checklist/instruction requires so, then you need to provide a notarized. But in our case, we don't need one (not even a sponsorship letter. They only need an invitation letter (not notarized).
Is sponsorship letter and invitation letter two different things? I believe they are asking for invitation letter only

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is sponsorship letter and invitation letter two different things? I believe they are asking for invitation letter only
For TRV you just need an invitation letter. The two terms are used by some people as interchangeable but you are only inviting a visitor.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for reply .So does that mean I do not have to get it notarized ?
Only get it notarized if your country specific instructions require it to be notarized. The instructions state that a visa officer may require it be notarized but that doesn't happen.

A notarization only signifies that the notary has witnessed the signature. It does not make the invitation any more truthful or change its legal weight.

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
Only get it notarized if your country specific instructions require it to be notarized. The instructions state that a visa officer may require it be notarized but that doesn't happen.

A notarization only signifies that the notary has witnessed the signature. It does not make the invitation any more truthful or change its legal weight.
Thanks for reply . I am doing it from my account online and it does not say it there anyways but I tried to search Delhi Visa office specific requirements and I could not find visa requirements for new Delhi anywhere .
I just found a page on Canada.ca website for invitation letters where it say same thing that if visa office requires then send it .
That's why I am concerned now as I could not find it But you are right notarized letter only verify that I signed before a notary nothing else

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for reply . I am doing it from my account online and it does not say it there anyways but I tried to search Delhi Visa office specific requirements and I could not find visa requirements for new Delhi anywhere .
I just found a page on Canada.ca website for invitation letters where it say same thing that if visa office requires then send it .
That's why I am concerned now as I could not find it But you are right notarized letter only verify that I signed before a notary nothing else
So you've done the research and you've discovered that for your country notarization of the invitation letter is not mandatory.

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
So you've done the research and you've discovered that for your country notarization of the invitation letter is not mandatory.
I have done research but the question I asked arise after the search as when I apply online it does not ask a notarized letter ,but the page on canada.ca regarding invitation Letter advice say send notarized if your visa office ask I tried to search the documents required for New Delhi but I could not find any so my question dint get answered by search results

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020
Got email gckey Biometric updated today from my trv app sent June-30-2020 what next? Anyone have any idea what is the next step?

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020
I submitted a TRV application while waiting for our Family Sponsorship to be processed under OTHER = Family Support COVID-19 on June 30, 2020. My application was submitted electronically (Mexico City VO) and includes an ARC application. My biometrics were automatically linked (or appeared in my online account immediately anyway) but today I received a Correspondence that confirms the validity of the submitted Biometrics... Is this a sign they are just starting to process the application or is it further along? Does anyone know when in the process this is happens?