+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
Does your dad work in the military/defense services, police, judiciary or a government department? Or maybe in some area of work for research (bio-technology for example) or sensitive information?

It could take any length of time for background checks to be completed depending on the specifics of your dad's work profile and/or his travel history
He used to work for Government in Rural Development Department. Then he got retired and now working on a contract job as accountant in Police Housing Department. He never traveled outside India.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He used to work for Government in Rural Development Department. Then he got retired and now working on a contract job as accountant in Police Housing Department. He never traveled outside India.
That would make it a "double" background check i.e. his work profiles/responsibilities in the government department and now his employment with the police.

If your dad hasn't handled any sensitive information and/or he hasn't held senior positions that call for critical decision making, etc then hopefully, these background checks will be completed soon

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

First: I hope everyone gets their visas on time.

My question to you folks, if I already hold a valid visitor visa and apply for a study permit AND it gets rejected... would my visit visa get canceled?

Would really appreciate an answer.

virsadih

Jan 26, 2014
An off point:
With so many applicant's applying from the same family, you would definitely want to prove that each applicant has exceptionally strong ties to return to India.

Alternatively, you may want to consider applying in stages i.e. do not apply for all applicants simultaneously. This, of course, would depend on the individual strong ties of each applicant.

To answer your question:
You'll need to create separate online accounts for yourself + your parents (they can apply from one account ) + your sister's family (sister + husband + minor children.... if there are adult children then they would have their individual online accounts) + friend's family (same as your sister's family's applications)
Thanks a lot Bryanna for your answer and suggestions.
I haven't thought about the points you have mentioned. We actually were going to book a tour package from Thomas Cook/flamingo, but it can cost a lot of visa refused. So we planned to apply for visa first and then once we get visa, we book tour package.

visaInquiry

Mar 19, 2018
Hello Guys,
I've been waiting for my Work permit since 22nd of Dec :) Anybody here with same situation, even with TRV not a work permit ?

Reactions: kira260

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Wow!! And is it pending for security checks or something else ? Do you know your status guys ?
Mine is security verifications and I don't know specifically what type of background checks the others are in. One member who has been waiting the longest has completed security and now waiting ppr.

visaInquiry

Mar 19, 2018
Mine is security verifications and I don't know specifically what type of background checks the others are in. One member who has been waiting the longest has completed security and now waiting ppr.
And how did you know your status exactly ?

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I found out my status through various resources. Mostly through the local MP that my family friend contacts to ask for updates. My representative is not helping much, to be honest.
same to me @kira260 :(

Could you please @Bryanna or any senior see if I'm close to finish my waiting time, I've submitted my application online through an agent in Canada on 2 December 2017, I did my fingerprints on the Canadian embassy in Los Anglos, my last week application update was on 21\3\2018

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents: we do not need additional documents.

Review of medical results: you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Interview: you do not need an interview.

Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This week Update is on 29-3-2018

Application status: if we need more information from you or once a final decision has been made we will contact you. If you have submitted your application online or if it’s linked to your online account you will also be informed once there’s update.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents: we do not need additional documents.

Review of medical results you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Interview: you do not need an interview.

Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: we are processing your background check.

Any progress?