+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
From whatever I understand, the Immigration Program Manager (IPM)/or any other visa staff cannot and will not expedite the processing if it is going through Background/Security checks.

And, again, I believe the Immigration Program Manager for India is also the South Asia Area Director i.e. he is responsible for coordination of the services offered by 5 visa offices (3 in India + Colombo + Islamabad) which effectively means handling operations for India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan. Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. In short, the IPM is a senior visa official.

I suggest you just wait it out. You could send another CSE + an email

Oh god, thanks Bryanna. Very confusing all of the opinions lawyers give. It's been 127 days now and I just can't understand what they are checking since I'm not in a high risk country and don't have a government job :( my bad luck. I hope I hear good news this week. Btw my representative put in the cover letter all the points as to why I am admissible. She also included the point that I am not inadmissible to Canada, is that maybe why they went the extra mile to check if this is really true? I was refused before and they didn't do any security checks then, just refused in 16 days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh god, thanks Bryanna. Very confusing all of the opinions lawyers give. It's been 127 days now and I just can't understand what they are checking since I'm not in a high risk country and don't have a government job :( my bad luck. I hope I hear good news this week. Btw my representative put in the cover letter all the points as to why I am admissible. She also included the point that I am not inadmissible to Canada, is that maybe why they went the extra mile to check if this is really true? I was refused before and they didn't do any security checks then, just refused in 16 days.
It seems like you are one of those (un)fortunate random cases which the visa office has picked to check if all visa processes/internal checks/the operational manuals and bulletins are being adhered to.

On the positive side:
Your application would help in the audit of the visa office. Yeah, they do audits regularly. And you're the lucky one who is helping other applicants (indirectly) :)

Reactions: DHARMDEEP SINGH

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
It seems like you are one of those (un)fortunate random cases which the visa office has picked to check if all visa processes/internal checks/the operational manuals and bulletins are being adhered to.

On the positive side:
Your application would help in the audit of the visa office. Yeah, they do audits regularly. And you're the lucky one who is helping other applicants (indirectly) :)
Well I'm glad to be helping others! But so confused and upset that I had to be the only one waiting so long out of all my friends and family. My friends are getting their visas in just mere days or weeks and they all are like wtf did ur representative do that it's taking 5 months?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well I'm glad to be helping others! But so confused and upset that I had to be the only one waiting so long out of all my friends and family. My friends are getting their visas in just mere days or weeks and they all are like wtf did ur representative do that it's taking 5 months?
You'll get your TRV.

You've been so patient and optimistic :)

EMtl

Feb 20, 2018
Similar situation: applied inland in November for a TRV. I have a valid work permit (for another few years), and a good job. Now it has already been already over 120 days of processing without updates. They are making background checks, apparently. Unclear why... I basically cannot travel until I get the visa (except to the US), since then I would not be able to return to my job in Canada, so this is a really strange situation. Does anybody know anything that could help? Would hiring a lawyer be of use?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Similar situation: applied inland in November for a TRV. I have a valid work permit (for another few years), and a good job. Now it has already been already over 120 days of processing without updates. They are making background checks, apparently. Unclear why... I basically cannot travel until I get the visa (except to the US), since then I would not be able to return to my job in Canada, so this is a really strange situation. Does anybody know anything that could help? Would hiring a lawyer be of use?
There's nothing you can do but to wait it out. Hiring a lawyer will not help nor would it expedite the background checks.

Some members have been through the same situation as yourself. CanadaEHCabada, for example, who recently got a passport request after a wait of 100+ days

EMtl

Feb 20, 2018
There's nothing you can do but to wait it out. Hiring a lawyer will not help nor would it expedite the background checks.

Some members have been through the same situation as yourself. CanadaEHCabada, for example, who recently got a passport request after a wait of 100+ days
Thank you! I will wait in that case.

However, I need to travel for work in one month from now. I will be able to stay in my country of destination for a couple of months, and as far as I understand it would be possible to get my passport stamped there, if the visa is approved.

Were there any recent cases taking more than 200 days?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
However, I need to travel for work in one month from now. I will be able to stay in my country of destination for a couple of months, and as far as I understand it would be possible to get my passport stamped there, if the visa is approved.
Yes, that's doable.

Were there any recent cases taking more than 200 days?
There were cases where processing took even more than one year because of background checks.... but those were TRVs for visitors who had worked in the defense services/police, etc in their home country.

CanadaEHCabada is the only other recent case which is similar to yours

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
@Bryanna

Hope ur doing good.
Just a random question, I know you said you can’t really tell how long would it take to get my application approved.

Just from your experience bryanna what do you think normally how many days/weeks it can take from (Application pending in final review to Approved/PPR)

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hope ur doing good.
Just a random question, I know you said you can’t really tell how long would it take to get my application approved.

Just from your experience bryanna what do you think normally how many days/weeks it can take from (Application pending in final review to Approved/PPR)
Quite honestly, it would be a wild guess considering your application has been a complete exception to IRCC rules and timelines.

Now that we're in March, did your wife contact the MP again? I think he had suggested contacting him if there was no decision by February

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
I think you completely forgot... I did informed you about the reply she got.
My application is in final review now.
She contacted the MP in the first week of March.
Quite honestly, it would be a wild guess considering your application has been a complete exception to IRCC rules and timelines.

Now that we're in March, did your wife contact the MP again. I think he had suggested contacting him if there was no decision by February[/user]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think you completely forgot... I did informed you about the reply she got.
My application is in final review now.
She contacted the MP in the first week of March.
Ahh sorry. Your application has been through many twists and turns. I forgot about that