+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

minitorres

Feb 16, 2018
Hi everyone!

Hope you can help me understand what went wrong with my application. I applied online for a TRV last Feb 6 and got denied today, Feb 16. I think it’s also important to note that my brother also submitted his application a day after mine. We cross-referenced each other in our cover letter. His application was approved.

I got denied for —
*travel history (not convinced I would leave Canada)
*insufficient funds

Travel history- I have never travelled outside my country, true. But I already provided a letter of no objection signed by my manager plus a Certificate of employment with visa application as the purpose, issued by our office HR Director.

Insufficient funds- I submitted the below documents:
*my latest six months bank statements with around 5,000 CAD converted (200,000 PHP),
*billing statement from my mobile phone,
*signed letter from my aunt who is a canadian citizen that she will sponsor my residence and other expenses while in Canada,
*signed letter from my parents that they will shoulder my expenses while in Canada

My brother and I submitted almost the same supporting documents (except those identified to me only) so I cannot understand why mine got denied and his got approved. He is currently unemployed. Not sure if I should resubmit an application and pay again the fee or if I can contest this. We are travellingtogether so I need to get approved before he can.

Hope someone helps me! Thank you!

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi kira . Any update on your application? I applied on jan3 . Still no update.
I have been told my application was worked on January 29th therefore it hasn't been forgotten about. But that doesn't really give me all that much hope as it's been almost 100 days now. You are still a fresh applicant so I wouldn't worry too much :)

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
you never know but if they are considering your Application so approx 120 days they need to finalize everything in most cases so be calm and be patient you will get a good news shortly be positive always :) Good Luck
@ubfx Can yoo please tell us how many days CiC took to send you passport request (from the day you file the application)

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Guys it's been 90 days for me now. I'm ready to give up honestly. I have never

Thank you ubfx. This forum and you guys are the only thing that keeps me hopeful!
I also got 3rd email from cic that there is no update on my visitor visa application. At the end of 30 days, CIC sends email to the applicants. 3rd email means its been 90 days for me since I filed the application

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
  1. Please help me to interpret this, I applied for TRV by paper form in Lagos Nigeria on 3rd January, I now linked my application online, I just got a mail from VFS office that my passport is ready, when I checked my online application, Ii got the below, eligibility was not granted. But noting was writen in the final decision, does it mean, Ii was denied visa?

Help
    Application status : A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Review of eligibility, We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your

fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Your background check was completed.

Final decision:
@Maccharleston It means that ur TRv application has been refused by the visa office and now you need to collect your passport back.

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
@sandhu5644 you are pretty new to this trv waiting part. I and @kira260 are waiting for 90+ days. @ubfx waited for 139 days before getting request for passport.. so sit back and relax..

only refusal cases get updates and that too within 10-15 days.

If you havent heard for 30+ days then there are chances that you may get ur trv approved.

Reactions: kira260