+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
My case is genuine I have applied with sanctioned leave and sanct
I didn't say it's not genuine. Genuine applicants go through security checks all the time just depends on the officer ur occupations, the country you applied from and the countries you have visited. Anyone can undergo a security check as I have learned. It's not always a security check either. There is a difference between a security check and a background check.

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
@Bryanna

Hi Bryanna i got GCMS notes but there is no useful information or maybe i dont see it. This note was there:

""Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities""

Whick i think means they dont put security stuff in the report. Is this in all GCMS notes? Or ot means they found something in my security check?

Based on the report everything is IN Pricess after 4 months ... Only eligibility is passed

Please let me know if there is anything i need to know about TRV gcms notes. Thanks alot

DHARMDEEP SINGH

Jan 31, 2017
I didn't say it's not genuine. Genuine applicants go through security checks all the time just depends on the officer ur occupations, the country you applied from and the countries you have visited. Anyone can undergo a security check as I have learned. It's not always a security check either. There is a difference between a security check and a background check.
You are absolutely right.

Reactions: kira260

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@Bryanna

Hi Bryanna i got GCMS notes but there is no useful information or maybe i dont see it. This note was there:

""Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities""

Whick i think means they dont put security stuff in the report. Is this in all GCMS notes? Or ot means they found something in my security check?

Based on the report everything is IN Pricess after 4 months ... Only eligibility is passed

Please let me know if there is anything i need to know about TRV gcms notes. Thanks alot
Bryanna can correct me if I am wrong but after searching this seems to be a discretionary part of the act. Meaning after eligibility was passed the officer at their discretion said that there needs to be a security check done to ensure that you are not a threat to Canada. Security checks are to see if you have been involved with organised crime and terrorism. If the officer has any doubt or just want to make sure they tell CSIS to do a check. They cover themselves as officers by doing this as well so in the event that someone did end up in Canada and in fact committed organised crime or terrorism there they cannot be blamed as the checks were done. See this link for more info. http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/inv_inv-gui-ati_gui-inv-ati_section_15.aspx?pedisable=true

I don't think that your security check has been completed yet. Also ATIP notes are the ones you get for security check details I believe.

Reactions: adv.rishab

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Latest date is 10.02.2018 in my application. I have applied on
@kira260 what is your application status???
My application status is waiting lol always waiting. Nothing has changed since January 29th, which is when the officer last worked on my application I was told. Don't know what that means but at least I know they haven't forgot about me.

DHARMDEEP SINGH

Jan 31, 2017
My application status is waiting lol always waiting. Nothing has changed since January 29th, which is when the officer last worked on my application I was told. Don't know what that means but at least I know they haven't forgot about me.
When did you applied?

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Bryanna can correct me if I am wrong but after searching this seems to be a discretionary part of the act. Meaning after eligibility was passed the officer at their discretion said that there needs to be a security check done to ensure that you are not a threat to Canada. Security checks are to see if you have been involved with organised crime and terrorism. If the officer has any doubt or just want to make sure they tell CSIS to do a check. They cover themselves as officers by doing this as well so in the event that someone did end up in Canada and in fact committed organised crime or terrorism there they cannot be blamed as the checks were done. See this link for more info. http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/inv_inv-gui-ati_gui-inv-ati_section_15.aspx?pedisable=true

I don't think that your security check has been completed yet. Also ATIP notes are the ones you get for security check details I believe.
Useful information. THANKS

Reactions: kira260

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for your time

Can i trust this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

It says S.15(1) means my security is completed

Thats very important to me

In my GCMS there are S15.1 marks right in top right corner.