+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey guys, my visitor visa (applied online on 19-Nov) was refused with the reason "Purpose of Visit" not satisfactory. I'm planning to apply for the 2nd time now by providing further explanations.

Do you guys recommend a specific method of application? Should i do an online application again or should i do a paper application this time?

Any recommendations? (I'm really not sure if one method of application is better than the other).
Online or paper applications won't make a difference.... unless you're applying from Pakistan in which case it's best to apply online.

You must address the refusal reasons with evidence + explanations. Do reapply only if you can prove that the refusal reasons have been overcome

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Well it’s never 100% If ur worried coz ur application has passed 55 days talking thn just sit back and relax this is called waiting game coz my application has passed 250days. But if they wanted to refused max 1month and you’ll receive a love letter from the immigration office. Once you’re application is in BG this means you’re application is considered and will be approved subject to BG passed.
Right...!!!!

Reactions: Mrmoody90

YAS22

Dec 20, 2017
any details or update who have apllied from UAE ? i have been apllied on 8th dec,,,got 3 times call from canada embassy and they ask some quest....after that still its nothing its waz a visit visa i applied for

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
Dec 2017 Online applications applied from India, pls share your status.

We haven’t received any update till now

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
Hi all,

Pls suggest since I had no action on my online application for last 30 days, Can I apply for a paper application now for faster processing ?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi all,

Pls suggest since I had no action on my online application for last 30 days, Can I apply for a paper application now for faster processing ?
You shouldn't submit a duplicate application and don't withdraw your application that is pending now. That would bee super counterproductive. If they are taking longer than the processing times on the IRCC website then send them a case specific inquiry. Which country did you apply from?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
You shouldn't submit a duplicate application and don't withdraw your application that is pending now. That would bee super counterproductive. If they are taking longer than the processing times on the IRCC website then send them a case specific inquiry. Which country did you apply from?
Hi all,

Oh, Sorry I saw that you applied from India. I applied from India as well and I have been waiting more than 60 days. You just need to find out what's going on.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all,

You cannot submit two applications simultaneously. You need to wait for a decision on your first application

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
You cannot submit two applications simultaneously. You need to wait for a decision on your first application
But if there is no update on the first application online, Isn’t it a possibility that there might be some technical glitch. When I applied processing time was just 25 days.

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Also can I cancel the online one and apply paper based as paper based seem to get decision quickly.
Online or paper base wont make any difference in faster processing. I am the best example available. Applied paper based and got decision in 110 days. It will be ideal if you sit back, relax, be patient and focus on your other daily things with some waiting game. Ultimate winner will be you either you will get the decision or not.

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
Online or paper base wont make any difference in faster processing. I am the best example available. Applied paper based and got decision in 110 days. It will be ideal if you sit back, relax, be patient and focus on your other daily things with some waiting game. Ultimate winner will be you either you will get the decision or not.

Thanks but what if my husband has to be in Canada from 13th Feb to 18th Feb

Arc18

Jan 16, 2018
Oh, Sorry I saw that you applied from India. I applied from India as well and I have been waiting more than 60 days. You just need to find out what's going on.
Hi Did you fill Web Form IRCC, got any reply? I have seen offline applications receiving visa in 25 days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Also can I cancel the online one and apply paper based as paper based seem to get decision quickly.
You can request the visa office to cancel/state you wish to withdraw your application. You must send a Case Specific Enquiry/IRCC web form + an email to the relevant visa office for your country of residence for this.

Do keep in mind that the decision whether or not to allow you to withdraw your application is with the visa office even if you request it. Also, it could take up to 8 weeks to close your online application.... by which time you would have most probably received a TRV decision if you continue with the online application