+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Online Application - Outside Canada (Philippines)

panpan

Sep 19, 2018
I applied for a TRV for my mom who is 75 years old to come visit. CIC requested for a medical despite her staying for under 6 months only. Here's a timeline of her application:
Date of Application: October 24, 2020
Date of Biometrics enrolment: November 2, 2020
Request for medical report: March 10. 2021

She went in for her medical on March 19, 2021.
How long will it take to receive news about her medical? And if she passes her medical, how long will it take for CIC to make a decision?
Any comments and answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
I applied for a TRV for my mom who is 75 years old to come visit. CIC requested for a medical despite her staying for under 6 months only. Here's a timeline of her application:

How long will it take to receive news about her medical? And if she passes her medical, how long will it take for CIC to make a decision?
Hi. I don't really have any answers to your questions, but I can give you my gf's TRV timeline so far. We applied for her to come to Canada under family reunification. I'm living with her now and our 11 month old daughter, who already has a temporary CAD passport valid for two years (we are waiting for her proof of CAD citizenship).

Application: Dec 4th, 2020
Biometrics submitted: Dec 29th, 2020

yona1201

Apr 18, 2016

we’re still waiting for my mom medical request.
applied: november 12
biometric: nov 19

are you still waiting for the decision?

Amd912

May 26, 2021

You may want to send in a webform to prioritize her application as an immediate family member, if you haven't yet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#step-2-existing

Reactions: panpan

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021
Hello! I'm also applying from Philippines.
Immediate Family (Spouse)

Timeline:
Date of Application: March 2, 2021
Date of Biometrics: March 5, 2021
Travel Exemption Webform: May 8, 2021
My husband sent an email to his MP yesterday (June 6, 2021)

My husband tried calling IRCC but he was not able to get through. I tried calling IRCC Manila but no response.

You may try sending a travel exempt webform and send an email to your MP so they can prioritize your application.

Reactions: mangoKane

yona1201

Apr 18, 2016
Hello! I'm also applying from Philippines.
Immediate Family (Spouse)

Timeline:
Date of Application: March 2, 2021
Date of Biometrics: March 5, 2021
Travel Exemption Webform: May 8, 2021
My husband sent an email to his MP yesterday (June 6, 2021)

My husband tried calling IRCC but he was not able to get through. I tried calling IRCC Manila but no response.

You may try sending a travel exempt webform and send an email to your MP so they can prioritize your application.

its been a month for your webform.. no update yet?

panpan

Sep 19, 2018
Hello! After the long wait, she has finally arrived here in Canada. Here's a complete timeline of her application:
Travel Exemption Webform: January 22. 2021
-----> Reply: February 8, 2021
IRCC Webform - In Canada Case Specific Enquiry - Temporary Residence (applied online) - Visa: February 15, 2021
-----> Reply: March 8, 2021
Initial Medical: March 19, 2021
Medical completed: May 28, 2021
Original Passport Request: June 16, 2021
Passport sent: June 23, 2021
Final Decision: June 28, 2021
Passport received back: June 29, 2021

It took 8 months for the application to be approved. On February 15, 2021 I decided to send a webform to IRCC as her application has already exceeded the processing times which was stated in their site. After I received a reply from them on March 8, 2021, after 2 days they have updated her application and requested for a medical. After completing her medical, it was after month when we've received the approval for her visa. Here's the link for the IRCC Webform: IRCC Webform (cic.gc.ca) It really takes a lot of patience applying for a visa nowadays because of the delays the pandemic has caused. Just keep waiting and checking your applications from time to time. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021

Hi, any update on your application?