+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV online application made outside Canada - November applicant

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hey our application has been approved today!!! Thank u God!!
Do you mind letting me know what documents did you attach for your mom, as my mom is employed and not much travel history but we did not attach invitation letter as we thought she will get the visa but she was rejected thrice. If we add invitation letter she might have good chance this time. Its been 2 months from her last rejection.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you mind letting me know what documents did you attach for your mom, as my mom is employed and not much travel history but we did not attach invitation letter as we thought she will get the visa but she was rejected thrice. If we add invitation letter she might have good chance this time. Its been 2 months from her last rejection.
1. Not sure if you have ordered GCMS notes.

2. Maybe her application does not have some critical documents/explanation.

3. She can apply under CAN+ when she reapplies. That said, it would be best to wait for a few months/reassess her application first

Butintin

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015

I applied online so i just attached what was asked to be provided there;
Form imm5257e
Form imm 5257 schedule 8
Family info form
Passport copy
Copy of picture
Her bank statement (it has only $350 when she asked for bank statement)
Copy of our notice of assessment
Invitation letter
Purpose of travel - we provided just a copy of an example of her itinerary going here
Did you apply online?

Butintin

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015

Sorry that was schedule B form not 8
My mom didnt have any travel and unemployed thats why i was quite nervous on her application

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
I applied online so i just attached what was asked to be provided there;
Form imm5257e
Form imm 5257 schedule 8
Family info form
Passport copy
Copy of picture
Her bank statement (it has only $350 when she asked for bank statement)
Copy of our notice of assessment
Invitation letter
Purpose of travel - we provided just a copy of an example of her itinerary going here
Did you apply online?
Thanks, for the first time applied online, 2nd time was through agent with paper application and 3rd time i went to VFS Abu dabhi directly. I have ordered GCMS notes. I recently got a Schengen and USA B1/2 VISAS for both my parents. Hoping to reapply soon. This time will add my sisters invitation letter and try to apply separately. I already have USA & Schengen visa.

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
1. Not sure if you have ordered GCMS notes.

2. Maybe her application does not have some critical documents/explanation.

3. She can apply under CAN+ when she reapplies. That said, it would be best to wait for a few months/reassess her application first
Thanks @Bryanna, yes now that my parents have both Schengen and USA visa i can apply for a CAN+ But they haven't traveled to USA yet, do you suggest its advisable to try to show as if they will visit both Canada and USA side by side on their next visit.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna, yes now that my parents have both Schengen and USA visa i can apply for a CAN+ But they haven't traveled to USA yet, do you suggest its advisable to try to show as if they will visit both Canada and USA side by side on their next visit.
You'll need to check if they are eligible for CAN+ processing based on their passports. That said, with previous refusals. it is advisable if they prove they have a good financial situation + strong ties to their home country.

Do post the list of documents before they reapply

Jeyakrishnan

Jun 3, 2015
@Bryanna ,
I got my Canadian PR at Decemeber 2015, I moved to home country on August 2016 and I married on October 2017 and move back to Canada on September 2017. I am not able to sponsor my wife early since the policy wont permit if sponsor live outside canada. Currently I submitted PR for my wife under family class - spouse residing outside canada.

I applied TRV twice and got rejected for my wife before applying PR for my wife, so she could travel along with me and leave by January.

I got a GCMS a week back now and it was clear that they reject due to 1) insufficient proof of funds, 2) Travel History 3)Family Ties in Canada and in Country of Residence and Purpose of Visit.

Since PR process take time, I wish to spend sometime with her during new year and christmas holiday (Only approved leave from her work place) time in Canada, I planned to apply TRV with proper evidence. I dont want to miss Christmas holiday of her since she working at school, she wont get leave once February Started.

I submitted TRV on Novemeber 1st with below documentation. I got two ghost Mail on Nov24 and Dec1st (Saying you application is in Processing)

1) Invitation Letter Clearly state Purpose of Visit and duration of visit 23rd December to 14 January.
with my canada address, employment letter, bank statement.

2) Proof Of funds.
a) I transferred all my money from account to her account and she has now 20K CAD dollar.
b) She have forex card loaded with 950 CAD
c) CA Signed letter stating land document on our combined name, Her own land document and Parent land document

3) Family Ties in Canada and in home country.

a) Since she is going to stay with me. I will support her stay and other expenses. I have around 15K in my CAD account.
b) She got a approval from her school for travel on so and so date and resume her duty on so January 16th.
c) Letter from Parents stating that they will support in case of emergency.

4) Purpose of Visit.

I created itinerary of her 22 days visit to Montreal - Traveling around local Places, Bus tour ticket Montreal - Niagra for 3 days.

Also created a change of situation from the date of rejection. Mentioning I transferred my Money to her account and showing her FD and RD Proof of 2000 CAD.

I need some additional inform and expertise to help me on if I missed something. I crossed my finger and growing pain its morethan 35 days since I applied not received confirmation from CIC.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna ,
I got my Canadian PR at Decemeber 2015, I moved to home country on August 2016 and I married on October 2017 and move back to Canada on September 2017. I am not able to sponsor my wife early since the policy wont permit if sponsor live outside canada. Currently I submitted PR for my wife under family class - spouse residing outside canada.
When did you submit her PR application?

I applied TRV twice and got rejected for my wife before applying PR for my wife, so she could travel along with me and leave by January.
Unfortunately, TRV refusals are pretty much expected in such cases.

I got a GCMS a week back now and it was clear that they reject due to 1) insufficient proof of funds, 2) Travel History 3)Family Ties in Canada and in Country of Residence and Purpose of Visit.
The key reason why she was refused is none of these grounds, but the fact that she will not return to her home country + you would have applied for spousal PR via the inland process.

I submitted TRV on Novemeber 1st with below documentation. I got two ghost Mail on Nov24 and Dec1st (Saying you application is in Processing)
The ghost email of December 1st is the standard email sent at the end of each 30 days processing time.

2) Proof Of funds.
a) I transferred all my money from account to her account and she has now 20K CAD dollar.
It was not necessary. After marriage, she can submit evidence of either joint bank accounts or financial support from you.

c) CA Signed letter stating land document on our combined name, Her own land document and Parent land document
1. Unless the land is for agricultural purposes + it earns an income, this is not a tie.
2. Her parents' land documents are not a reason for her to return home.
3. Hope you included the land ownership documents and not just the CA letter.

b) She got a approval from her school for travel on so and so date and resume her duty on so January 16th.
Generally, jobs as teachers do not pay well + the job is not a financial incentive for an applicant to return home.

c) Letter from Parents stating that they will support in case of emergency.
This won't help nor will it work.

4) Purpose of Visit.

I created itinerary of her 22 days visit to Montreal - Traveling around local Places, Bus tour ticket Montreal - Niagra for 3 days.

Also created a change of situation from the date of rejection. Mentioning I transferred my Money to her account and showing her FD and RD Proof of 2000 CAD.

I need some additional inform and expertise to help me on if I missed something. I crossed my finger and growing pain its morethan 35 days since I applied not received confirmation from CIC.
You've done your best. Nonetheless, it seems like you've tried too hard in the wrong direction. Let's face reality: The visa officer knows she will not return to her home country and she will wait out the PR processing time.

Her chances of a TRV approval will depend on the stage of her PR processing, and not on her current TRV application.

Do remain hopeful. Miracles do happen sometimes :)