+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV November Applicants (Visa Office Chandigarh / New Delhi)

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I applied online November 15. You can call the IRCC call center( someone you know in Canada can call) to find out the status. Maybe your application is in background check.
I don't know if they give info on visitor visa that processing outside, anyone can please confirm this ?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know if they give info on visitor visa that processing outside, anyone can please confirm this ?
when you speak to someone they will not give you information as you are applying outside of Canada. But there is an automated service that tells you the status of your application which can be different from what you are seeing in your CIC account.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
when you speak to someone they will not give you information as you are applying outside of Canada. But there is an automated service that tells you the status of your application which can be different from what you are seeing in your CIC account.
Oh, okay. thanks for that info.
Can you please provide me contact number and then keys to get in that automated service, it will be great help.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
1-888-242-2100

you press 1-1-1 for each of the menu options ( if you are confused, just listen and you will know what to press)
They will ask for your application number and date of birth.

Reactions: Nick~Nick

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
1-888-242-2100

you press 1-1-1 for each of the menu options ( if you are confused, just listen and you will know what to press)
They will ask for your application number and date of birth.
So, I called and that automated service is mentioned 98 days processing time, wtf is this ?
Do u got that same reply from automated service ?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
So, I called and that automated service is mentioned 98 days processing time, wtf is this ?
Do u got that same reply from automated service ?
No. You must have done something wrong, or didn't continue after they gave the processing dates. After they say those dates there is an option to hear the status of your application. That is just the general dates you heard.

Reactions: Nick~Nick

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
No. You must have done something wrong, or didn't continue after they gave the processing dates. After they say those dates there is an option to hear the status of your application. That is just the general dates you heard.
yes, i did hear about my status, but they only mentioned about this general dates. Is it normal and our processing time is still 24 days ? it has been 41 days for me already.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
yes, i did hear about my status, but they only mentioned about this general dates. Is it normal and our processing time is still 24 days ? it has been 41 days for me already.
It's been 54 days for me as well. Canada trv processing times only apply if they don't need to do any further checks. anyways some people get their visas in a day some in a month and some after a year. All depends. But the processing times you heard on the phone are not right. Those are for something else.

Sandy87

Jan 5, 2018
Hello members
My passport has been dispatched to vfs chandigarh today. Hope the visa stamp should be in there. Curious. Will post the result asap i get my pp in my hands.

Reactions: kira260

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
It's been 54 days for me as well. Canada trv processing times only apply if they don't need to do any further checks. anyways some people get their visas in a day some in a month and some after a year. All depends. But the processing times you heard on the phone are not right. Those are for something else.
I have also applied for my girlfriend since nov 19 online outside India. No response yet. BC not applicable. It has been more than 45 days now. I guess we have to wait it out and hope for the best.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
I have also applied for my girlfriend since nov 19 online outside India. No response yet. BC not applicable. It has been more than 45 days now. I guess we have to wait it out and hope for the best.
Hope you hear something soon as well!

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hey I called 2-3 times, they never said anything about background, do they mention about background at all for visitor visa ?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hey I called 2-3 times, they never said anything about background, do they mention about background at all for visitor visa ?

Hey, where did you apply from? Yeah sometimes they do a background check I guess it depends. Maybe they are just processing your application and no background check is required.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hey, where did you apply from? Yeah sometimes they do a background check I guess it depends. Maybe they are just processing your application and no background check is required.
I applied online for my wife, application must be processing in Delhi.