AOR Received.
16/mar/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
22/may/2015
Med's Done....
27/may/2015
Hello Guys, I have got a Biometric request for Visitor Visa of my wife today.
But VFS isnt having any appointment available for next 15-20 days in Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar. How to expedite this or am I doing something wrong.

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi, I applied for my grandparent on the 7th as well, but didn't receive any biometric request.

Did you pay the biometric fee at the time of the application? If yes, how did you inform CIC?
If your grandparents are over 79 years of age, then they don’t require to give Biometrics.

PVM2019

Mar 11, 2019
Appointment is must
I booked appointment on 8th March and it was showing dates after 16th March but next day it showed 12th March and I booked immediately.

If you pay rs 3000 than they allow you to give on the spot biometrics

Actually I reached there @ 12 am and my appointment was @ 2:15 pm so I asked how long it will take because I have to catch return train @ 5:35 pm than they told me you can give biometrics right now but cost will be rs 3000 extra

My suggestion is keep trying because appointment comes and goes because if someone cancels or reschedule than appointment comes that's what I saw on 9th March (not available for 12, 13, 14,15)
10th March available (12,13,14,15) for New Delhi

Mayu15

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys, did anyone's status change after submitting the biometrics so far? And if so what was the timeline from the day you submitted the biometrics from the day you next heard from them?

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
Yes i applied on paper on 8th march and it was refused on 17th march. I am waiting for rejection reasons. I have got the passport nut no reason listed.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
If your grandparents are over 79 years of age, then they don’t require to give Biometrics.
Thank you so, so much!

CIC website didn't tell on the biometrics questionnaire page this criteria but I was able to confirm it on another page on CIC.

You saved me a lot of anxiety.

Status has changed to Eligibility in Progress yesterday, btw.

Mayu15

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys! So update : I have applied on March 7th through online and received my biometrics letter on March 8th. Unfortunately, there were no dates available until march 20th to submit my biometrics in Chennai, India. After my submission of biometrics on March 20th, it has mentioned the expiry date of the biometrics online but my status still shows as:
"We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." And also my review of eligibility status shows as following : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Now the problem is, when I applied for the TRV, I have mentioned that the dates I would like to come to Canada are from March 31st - April 15, for 2 weeks. I have also booked the ticket for march 31st- april 15 to show proof for returning back to India as one of my documents.

My question is, what if the visa delays beyond the flight ticket date which is March 31st, would it be okay if I can reschedule the ticket to another date, although I have mentioned on my application that I will be coming to Canada on March 31st? And would I have to submit this change to the VAC or it doesn't matter ? And it shows an estimation of 12 days for applications to be processed in India, so does that mean after the biometrics has been submitted, I need to wait for a few days to see the status change? Been very worried and anxious on what to do!

@Bryanna if you can please help me with this situation, that would be great!
Thank you so much :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys! So update : I have applied on March 7th through online and received my biometrics letter on March 8th. Unfortunately, there were no dates available until march 20th to submit my biometrics in Chennai, India. After my submission of biometrics on March 20th, it has mentioned the expiry date of the biometrics online but my status still shows as:
"We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." And also my review of eligibility status shows as following : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Now the problem is, when I applied for the TRV, I have mentioned that the dates I would like to come to Canada are from March 31st - April 15, for 2 weeks. I have also booked the ticket for march 31st- april 15 to show proof for returning back to India as one of my documents.

My question is, what if the visa delays beyond the flight ticket date which is March 31st, would it be okay if I can reschedule the ticket to another date, although I have mentioned on my application that I will be coming to Canada on March 31st? And would I have to submit this change to the VAC or it doesn't matter ? And it shows an estimation of 12 days for applications to be processed in India, so does that mean after the biometrics has been submitted, I need to wait for a few days to see the status change? Been very worried and anxious on what to do!

@Bryanna if you can please help me with this situation, that would be great!
Thank you so much :)
It is not advisable to book tickets in advance. They do not assure visa approvals. Flight itineraries (provisional tickets) would have sufficed.

Visa decisions will be given even if your original travel dates have passed. You don't need to inform the visa office about the change in your travel plans

Mayu15

Mar 11, 2019
It is not advisable to book tickets in advance. They do not assure visa approvals. Flight itineraries (provisional tickets) would have sufficed.

Visa decisions will be given even if your original travel dates have passed. You don't need to inform the visa office about the change in your travel plans
Yes I agree, I have made a mistake by purchasing the ticket in advance but thankfully my ticket does have a refund policy if I cancel. Thank you for letting me know @Bryanna ! :)

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi ,
I am a canadian and I want to apply for a visitor visa for my wife online.
Should I make a GC key on my name and then apply for her? and what should i answer to the question use of representative?
Thanks

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
i applied from Pakistan no bio needed after 14 days changes to we are reviewing your eligibility

Mar 28, 2019
  1. Hi There

I just joined this site to see if I get get some help and insight on writing a letter of invitation for my Filipino girlfriend I have how lives in Davao. I visiteing her for a few weeks there. I would like to invite her here for a maybe a few months.
    I see there are paid services to write these letters. I am not sure if that is necessary. Is there examples of "good" letters to write somewhere? Things I should avoid saying? I have never been in this kind of situation before so not sure what to expect. I am hoping it is pretty straight forward. I would like to bring her here for July of this year. Any help would be appreciated.
    I apologize in advance if I am writing this in the wrong place...didn`t see where to start a new topic.
    Thanks in advance..Salamut

Yes, I am a white Canadian guy, with a full time job and enough money but no time that has fallen in love with a beautiful Pinay..just in case you were wondering..From what I can tell when I was in the Phils, I am not alone..