+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV INSIDE CANADA 2020

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014

Hi!!
Just wanted to update you that my TRV (inside Canada) got approved today.

Timeline:
-applied online in Canada on 25/12/2020 (with previous biometrics and medicals)
-submission confirmation received on 01/02/2021
-requested for authorization letter on 13/02/2021
-authorization letter approved on 16/02/2021
-application approved and passport requested on 16/02/2021
-passport sent for visa stamping through Canada post xpress service on 16/02/2021

Sep 23, 2018
did you fill any webform or saw emergency?
I applied on 3rd January, and got submission confirmation on 29th January.
I already book flight on 17th march. no updates till now...

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
did you fill any webform or saw emergency?
I applied on 3rd January, and got submission confirmation on 29th January.
I already book flight on 17th march. no updates till now...
Hi!
Request them an authorisation letter and tell them that your TRV application is in process. Attach required docs and details in your email. I raised a couple of web forms after my application crossed processing times but didn’t get any reply. This is when I decided to request authorisation letter hoping that this might expedite my visa application and I think it worked as I got letter and visa approval today after just few days of my email. So I would suggest, if you are already in Canada and your TRV is already in process, email them and request them for authorization letter. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Refer to the link below and read their instructions carefully before you send email to them (scroll down to “What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa”):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hi!!
Just wanted to update you that my TRV (inside Canada) got approved today.

Timeline:
-applied online in Canada on 25/12/2020 (with previous biometrics and medicals)
-submission confirmation received on 01/02/2021
-requested for authorization letter on 13/02/2021
-authorization letter approved on 16/02/2021
-application approved and passport requested on 16/02/2021
-passport sent for visa stamping through Canada post xpress service on 16/02/2021
Congrats dude.

May I know what's your status in Canada & whether I can ask for an authorisation letter since I'm on WP? Coz I read somewhere that it's only for family members or PR/Citizens.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Congrats dude.

May I know what's your status in Canada & whether I can ask for an authorisation letter since I'm on WP? Coz I read somewhere that it's only for family members or PR/Citizens.
Hey @Josh13215
Thanks!
I am on spouse open work permit in Canada. My wife is here on study permit. So I requested an authorisation letter based on family reunification. Even I was a bit reluctant to request for this letter since my application was not yet approved and I was still in Canada. Generally, authorization letter is requested once you get your visa approval and from your home country, like I did last time when I came from India to Canada initially. But I read somewhere that you can ask for authorization letter while your visa is in process. I thought to give it a try and it worked I guess.
So if your case is similar, request them the authorisation letter and let them know that your TRV application is in process.
Have shared the details regarding this in my previous post. This might speed up the process a bit.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
My TRV (Inside Canada) timeline as of now:

Applied on Dec 21-2020
Passport Request on January 07-2021
Passport Sent on January 07-2021
Passport Delivered on January 11-2021 (Delayed due to Weekend)
Approve Status - Waiting
Return Tracker Activation - Waiting

Now waiting for the Approve status, stamped & return tracker to be activated.
Anyone knows or any idea how much time does it takes after the Passport gets delivered to Ottawa?? Any help wld be appreciated!
Hi!
Any updates on your passport return?
I have sent mine yesterday.
Just wanted to know the time it takes for the passport return.
Please update your timeline so that I can get an idea and plan my flight bookings accordingly
Thank you!!

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hey @Josh13215
Thanks!
I am on spouse open work permit in Canada. My wife is here on study permit. So I requested an authorisation letter based on family reunification. Even I was a bit reluctant to request for this letter since my application was not yet approved and I was still in Canada. Generally, authorization letter is requested once you get your visa approval and from your home country, like I did last time when I came from India to Canada initially. But I read somewhere that you can ask for authorization letter while your visa is in process. I thought to give it a try and it worked I guess.
So if your case is similar, request them the authorisation letter and let them know that your TRV application is in process.
Have shared the details regarding this in my previous post. This might speed up the process a bit.
Oh k. Thanks for the detailed information @adiben. I'll wait for one more week and see :)

Reactions: adiben

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Hey @Josh13215
Thanks!
We have requested for AL, under family reunification, but were refused. You are lucky I must say.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
We have requested for AL, under family reunification, but were refused. You are lucky I must say.
Hi,
It depends and varies according to the situation of the applicant case by case.
As far as my case is concerned, I am on Spouse Open Work Permit residing in Canada (came here last year), my wife is on SP.
I applied for TRV to travel to India and be able to re-enter Canada. Hence I requested for authorisation letter which I would need to board my flight while returning back from India.

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
My update after my last message here is that passport is delivered to CPC-Ottawa on 18/02/2021.
Waiting for return tracker to be activated.

Did you email them yet as discussed last time?
Hey, no I didn't. WIll wait for one more week. :)

ankita0333

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hi does anyone know if I can apply for TRV just with the approval letter of work permit ?

I haven’t received the work permit (hard copy) from IRCC yet. They said they have mailed me the work permit. Not sure when it’s gonna be delivered.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi does anyone know if I can apply for TRV just with the approval letter of work permit ?

I haven’t received the work permit (hard copy) from IRCC yet. They said they have mailed me the work permit. Not sure when it’s gonna be delivered.
Yes you can!
I did the same thing. No need to wait for hard copy.