+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from Ukraine - anybody try?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi everyone, anybody here who applied for a TRV from Ukraine. Denial or approval, can you please share?

adelaid

Aug 12, 2020
ya poluchal, denis, dlya moei docheri. proshu proscheniya, sprashival u tebya v drugom poste uje, est' li vozmojnost' svyazatsa s toboi v lichke - hotel sprosit' po povodu privoza nevesti/jeni! :) videl s tvoih postov u tebya est' opit - hotelos' bi poobschatsa vjuvuyu :) ya podelyus' svoim opitom!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
ya poluchal, denis, dlya moei docheri. proshu proscheniya, sprashival u tebya v drugom poste uje, est' li vozmojnost' svyazatsa s toboi v lichke - hotel sprosit' po povodu privoza nevesti/jeni! :) videl s tvoih postov u tebya est' opit - hotelos' bi poobschatsa vjuvuyu :) ya podelyus' svoim opitom!
napishite mne v inbox, budu rad pomoch vam kak mogu, spasibo :)

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
My wife mentioned it , but after reading that chances of approval are next to nothing I gave up.Going to visit her for several weeks in September

Reactions: Phalos

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
My wife mentioned it , but after reading that chances of approval are next to nothing I gave up.Going to visit her for several weeks in September
It may not be that bad - Canadian immigration has policies to be flexible when it comes to reuniting families. If I was in your shoes, I would still apply for a TRV, but you are going to need a strong explanation letter.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Agree with above. "Next to nothing " is not exactly true - and even then, next to nothing is not nothing.

MommaBear

May 3, 2020
My daughter-in-law applied in June for the “COVID-19” TRV and was approved in less than a week for a multi-entry 10 year TRV; her visa was stamped in Toronto for more than 6 months. I only share to encourage people from Ukraine to try after they get AOR1, SA, medical and biometrics passed for their PR application, and they can meet all requirements for a regular TRV. My son is considered an essential worker so that may or may not have been a determining factor too. If you can afford the $100 application fee it’s worth a try. That’s all the info I am at liberty to share.

Reactions: kabzik and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As the old joke has it, chances are fifty fifty - You either get it or you don't.

I reckon worth trying if you want your spouse to join sooner. It's a hundred bucks, some do get it.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
As the old joke has it, chances are fifty fifty - You either get it or you don't.

I reckon worth trying if you want your spouse to join sooner. It's a hundred bucks, some do get it.
Hi armoured, you seem very knowledgeable about this sponsorship process with good intuition, the way you had some doubts about a member's odds for receiving a PPR and your suspicion was right - straight DM w/o PAL ended up in refusal.
So I wanna ask you that do you think about my file with getting two GU's within the span of a week (see my timeline in signature) what does your intuition tell you is going on? I mean is it not unusual to get 2 GU's back to back without any real update or request or change in gckey (its still in Application Received)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi armoured, you seem very knowledgeable about this sponsorship process with good intuition, the way you had some doubts about a member's odds for receiving a PPR and your suspicion was right - straight DM w/o PAL ended up in refusal.
So I wanna ask you that do you think about my file with getting two GU's within the span of a week (see my timeline in signature) what does your intuition tell you is going on? I mean is it not unusual to get 2 GU's back to back without any real update or request or change in gckey (its still in Application Received)
No idea. It sounds like happening to a lot of people, so maybe some system-wide thing they're doing.

• Sad
Reactions: Phalos

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I refuse to believe that.
Well, believe what you'd like of course, but if you want pure speculation/theorizing:

What would you do if you worked at IRCC and the Minister announced an aggressive target for file processing by the end of the year (aggressive given the covid issues)?

Me, I'd be coming up with some way to search/crawl the files on computer and identify ones that would be candidates for 'fast processing.' Easy files, files with only minor issues, files that likely won't need extensive security screening, files where all docs are scanned and can be evaluated by someone working from home, etc. (Security might be the most significant, ie if they do want to kick a file forward, the first step might be ensuring that 'the agencies' get the security clearance request early)

And then I'd probably find I have to do it multiple times as staff discover roadblocks (lack of biometrics, local offices not open / not functioning, perhaps flags or language found in initial review paras that help narrow the search, etc). At some point these 'candidate files' would get sent to the 'extra decision makers' that the IRCC announcement said would be put on spousal files.

Or it could be as simple as IRCC reallocating files to different offices/officers due to workload, absences, etc, esp as some visa offices are in countries where lockdowns or covid measures make for processing difficulties.

These searches and quick-glance reviews or bumping to a different person/desk/office might all result in ghost updates - which we don't know much about but seem to mean 'something happened to or somebody or some process "touched" a file.'

Now don't get overly optimistic, even if my theory is partially correct, the ghost update(s) may not mean anything more than the system crawled through the database entries, or the opposite of "identify as candidate for fast review." No idea.

But I'd be surprised if IRCC staff weren't doing some kind of triage process to help them meet the Minister's announced targets.

That said, this is pure speculation.

Last edited:

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Well, believe what you'd like of course, but if you want pure speculation/theorizing:

What would you do if you worked at IRCC and the Minister announced an aggressive target for file processing by the end of the year (aggressive given the covid issues)?

Me, I'd be coming up with some way to search/crawl the files on computer and identify ones that would be candidates for 'fast processing.' Easy files, files with only minor issues, files that likely won't need extensive security screening, files where all docs are scanned and can be evaluated by someone working from home, etc. (Security might be the most significant, ie if they do want to kick a file forward, the first step might be ensuring that 'the agencies' get the security clearance request early)

And then I'd probably find I have to do it multiple times as staff discover roadblocks (lack of biometrics, local offices not open / not functioning, perhaps flags or language found in initial review paras that help narrow the search, etc). At some point these 'candidate files' would get sent to the 'extra decision makers' that the IRCC announcement said would be put on spousal files.

Or it could be as simple as IRCC reallocating files to different offices/officers due to workload, absences, etc, esp as some visa offices are in countries where lockdowns or covid measures make for processing difficulties.

These searches and quick-glance reviews or bumping to a different person/desk/office might all result in ghost updates - which we don't know much about but seem to mean 'something happened to or somebody or some process "touched" a file.'

Now don't get overly optimistic, even if my theory is partially correct, the ghost update(s) may not mean anything more than the system crawled through the database entries, or the opposite of "identify as candidate for fast review." No idea.

But I'd be surprised if IRCC staff weren't doing some kind of triage process to help them meet the Minister's announced targets.

Reactions: armoured