+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from inside Canada

MossH

Feb 22, 2022
I have a PGWP and my wife and daughter have visitor permits (I know now that they can have OWP and SP). I was trying to apply for a TRV for all of us but whenever I try to create the application for the TRV for all of us, it returns the proper forms for me but for the rest of my family it generates the form for extending their stay and not for TRV.
I searched and found out that this is a known problem since they hold VP. The solutions I have found are :
  • Apply for each person separately (FAILED: It returns the same forms for extending the visitor permit instead of the TRV forms)
  • Apply for the whole family using paper application (which I will try)
Now a couple of questions:
  1. Did anyone have a similar situation (applying for TRV for a VP holder from inside Canada)? If yes, how did he solve it?
  2. For paper application: Do I need to send the passport with the application or should I wait for passport request (similar to the online application)?

Reactions: PedroCoral

MossH

Feb 22, 2022
What is VP? Are they wanting to leave Canada? If not, then extensions are fine. When do their TRVs end?
VP = visitor permit

Yes, we want to visit family in the summer so we need to leave canada. So, they need TRV.

Their TRVs ended like a year ago, we just renewed our permits last November (expire in 2024).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
VP = visitor permit

Yes, we want to visit family in the summer so we need to leave canada. So, they need TRV.

Their TRVs ended like a year ago, we just renewed our permits last November (expire in 2024).
So visitor records expire in 2024. If you leave your spouse and children will need to ask if they can have their visitor record match then end of your PGWP. Weird that you can’t apply for a new TRV. I would try to select living abroad when applying to see if that leads to the TRV application. Can you post what options you are selecting when you are lead to visitor extension not new TRV?

MossH

Feb 22, 2022
So visitor records expire in 2024. If you leave your spouse and children will need to ask if they can have their visitor record match then end of your PGWP. Weird that you can’t apply for a new TRV. I would try to select living abroad when applying to see if that leads to the TRV application. Can you post what options you are selecting when you are lead to visitor extension not new TRV?
The Visitor record matches my PGWP. I can apply online for myself from inside (or outside) Canada. For my wife and daughter, I can apply online only from outside Canada (I tried the new portal and it will let me apply but as if I am applying from outside Canada).

Mar 7, 2022
I have a PGWP and my wife and daughter have visitor permits (I know now that they can have OWP and SP). I was trying to apply for a TRV for all of us but whenever I try to create the application for the TRV for all of us, it returns the proper forms for me but for the rest of my family it generates the form for extending their stay and not for TRV.
I searched and found out that this is a known problem since they hold VP. The solutions I have found are :
  • Apply for each person separately (FAILED: It returns the same forms for extending the visitor permit instead of the TRV forms)
  1. Did anyone have a similar situation (applying for TRV for a VP holder from inside Canada)? If yes, how did he solve it?
  2. For paper application: Do I need to send the passport with the application or should I wait for passport request (similar to the online application)?
We applied through paper..did you got approval?

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
Hi has anyone got their passport back from ottawa? Share your timeline please trv stamping inside canada

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
Hi has anyone got their passport back from ottawa? Share your timeline please trv stamping inside canada

JohnnyM

Aug 16, 2020
How did you solve it. Did you submit your paper application? Was it approved?

Reactions: PedroCoral

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
So the only way is to apply using paper? I'm trying to do it online, and the same thing happens.
My wife and I have WP and the children have SP, and only ask for TRV for me and an extension or change of permits for them... it's so frustrating

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

Request members to help with below query.

Can I apply for TRV paper application within Canada for non worker and non student? I have a 15 months old son whose Visa is expiring in Feb 2023 and we need to travel outside Canada in April for 2 weeks.

Please help with a response.

Thanks.

Sergato14

Apr 5, 2023
Hola,

Solicite a los miembros que ayuden con la siguiente consulta.

¿Puedo solicitar una solicitud en papel TRV dentro de Canadá para no trabajadores y no estudiantes? Tengo un hijo de 15 meses cuya visa vence en febrero de 2023 y necesitamos viajar fuera de Canadá en abril por 2 semanas.

Por favor ayuda con una respuesta.

Gracias.
[/CITA]
Hello, I am in the same situation. How did you solve it?