+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Prag123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey guys, here's my timeline and an important question:

Sept. 23rd: Applied for TRV
Oct. 15th: Got Passport Request
Oct. 20th: Sent my Passport (I was away so could not send it immediately)
Oct. 27th: Application Approved
Nov 2nd: Received an email from IRCC stating they want address verification (Subject: IRCC-CPC-OTTAWA ADDRESS VERIFICATION)

My question is does everyone get this email or did I screw up the return address on the prepaid Xpress-post envelope? I ask because I have not seen it show up in CanadaPost's tracking yet.
you got your passport?

Prag123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021

Nov 2nd: Received an email from IRCC stating they want address verification (Subject: IRCC-CPC-OTTAWA ADDRESS VERIFICATION)

My question is does everyone get this email or did I screw up the return address on the prepaid Xpress-post envelope? I ask because I have not seen it show up in CanadaPost's tracking yet.
Please let me know I’m in same situation. You got passport? How long does it takes?

Prag123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021

Hi any update?

Bluerose94

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi everybody,
I have applied 8 months ago. Last week, I sent a webform stating I have been having physical and mental health issues because of this situation (depression, 3 serious physical injuries over 1 year, resigned from job...). I haven't seen my family in 2 years, my grandmother passed away last year, and life just has no meaning anymore for me and I am giving up. After resigning from my job and starting my own business, I am now also about to lose it as well because I cannot travel to meet investors. Investors told me my story made them believe Canada is "politically unstable for investors". This is from a >1bio USD fund to invest in my AI startup.

CIC responded saying my file is still "in process", and is asking me to chose:
- Send documents to prove emergency OR
- Travel and transfer application to visa office abroad.

What I am confused by is:
- Why are they giving visas to people in 1 month these days, but are asking ME to provide additional documents if I want my TRV?
- Why is there such a difference in treatment between people? PS: someone else with same citizenship as me, who is jobless, almost got kicked out of Canada twice because of bad grades in school, just got his visa in 1 month. I went to McGill, have a business in Canada, am paying taxes and hiring people. Why is treatment for me so rough?

Everyday I actually think of just ending this and moving to another life. Canada has made my life a living hell since moving here 3 years ago. This administration will be to blame if I make a mistake, it's taken all meaning away from my life and work.
I am so sorry to hear this, Canada’s immigration system can be quite traumatic and has been for must of all. I encourage you not to lose hope. Very soon your trv will be granted and things will turn around

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Hi everybody,
I have applied 8 months ago. Last week, I sent a webform stating I have been having physical and mental health issues because of this situation (depression, 3 serious physical injuries over 1 year, resigned from job...). I haven't seen my family in 2 years, my grandmother passed away last year, and life just has no meaning anymore for me and I am giving up. After resigning from my job and starting my own business, I am now also about to lose it as well because I cannot travel to meet investors. Investors told me my story made them believe Canada is "politically unstable for investors". This is from a >1bio USD fund to invest in my AI startup.

- Why are they giving visas to people in 1 month these days, but are asking ME to provide additional documents if I want my TRV?
- Why is there such a difference in treatment between people? PS: someone else with same citizenship as me, who is jobless, almost got kicked out of Canada twice because of bad grades in school, just got his visa in 1 month. I went to McGill, have a business in Canada, am paying taxes and hiring people. Why is treatment for me so rough?

Everyday I actually think of just ending this and moving to another life. Canada has made my life a living hell since moving here 3 years ago. This administration will be to blame if I make a mistake, it's taken all meaning away from my life and work.
You are not alone, that's all I can say at this moment of frustration that we all are sharing. Things will turn around for sure, it's juts a matter of time.

nish0077

Sep 5, 2021
Hi everybody,

It’s been nearly 10 months for me waiting for TRV… please don’t loose hope. Believe in god.. things will turn around.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
When calling CIC, I noticed when you are asked to enter which letter your application starts with, the letter "V" is not suggested in the menu. However, my application number does start with a "V".

This got me thinking: is is possible that those CIC reta*** deleted certain applications by mistake? Maybe that's why we don't have the option "V" anymore, and that's why maybe reapplying might work. Maybe they simply lost our files and are silently waiting for those people to reapply.

Anyone with application number starting with a "V" got approved lately?

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
It’s been nearly 10 months for me waiting for TRV… please don’t loose hope. Believe in god.. things will turn around.
Similar situation - first application was on Jan 4th, 2020. No movement on that so sent a note for withdrawal and applied again on Oct 14th - again no movement. Seriously confused about what to do.

gaurav93handa

Nov 11, 2021
Yeah i applied on 3rd April,2021 still no response. Tried calling IRCC, raising webform but no use. We can't wait indefinately have to do someting!!! have to pressurize IRCC to do its job. 1. Starting a petition?, 2. Asking Media to cover our story? Many people lost their family members in COVId still can't go back home, For many they are planning their weeding but still cant go because IRCC is not doing its job? I don't think its justifiable in any ground!

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
When calling CIC, I noticed when you are asked to enter which letter your application starts with, the letter "V" is not suggested in the menu. However, my application number does start with a "V".

This got me thinking: is is possible that those CIC reta*** deleted certain applications by mistake? Maybe that's why we don't have the option "V" anymore, and that's why maybe reapplying might work. Maybe they simply lost our files and are silently waiting for those people to reapply.

Mine also starts with V, waiting since June.

radiox

Aug 9, 2021

Every TRV and Visitor record application starts with V.

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah i applied on 3rd April,2021 still no response. Tried calling IRCC, raising webform but no use. We can't wait indefinately have to do someting!!! have to pressurize IRCC to do its job. 1. Starting a petition?, 2. Asking Media to cover our story? Many people lost their family members in COVId still can't go back home, For many they are planning their weeding but still cant go because IRCC is not doing its job? I don't think its justifiable in any ground!
definitely we should push them for this but questions is how?

hat3cker

Apr 26, 2021
I’ve applied on June 2nd
Passport request on oct 29
Passport delivered on nov 2

since then no updates,I had 2 other friends who sent their passports recently and got it back within 10 days.
I’m starting to get worried because I was planning to go to my home country in December. I renewed my passport recently and sent my updated passport via webform one month before my passport request, could that be the reason of this delay?