May 4, 2021
Update on TRV -

Applied on 27th October,
Ghost updates 24 hours later,
Review started on Nov 1st,
PPR received 5th November,
Passport sent on 7th -> Reached on 8th,
Approved and Counterfoil issued 10th November around 11am,
Waiting for Canada Post link to get activated.

Thank you @Am11 for your timely updates. I was able to judge my next steps based on your updates

Reactions: omegaflowerz

pb06

Oct 6, 2021
TRV APPLIED ON : 1 OCT ( within canada)
PPR: 29 OCT
passport sent: 1NOV
PASSPORT RECIEVED: 10 NOV
BUT INSTEAD OF WORK PERMIT STAMP , I GOT VISITOR VISA STAMP TILL MY PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATE.

Reactions: omegaflowerz

neo2190

May 4, 2021
BUT INSTEAD OF WORK PERMIT STAMP , I GOT VISITOR VISA STAMP TILL MY PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATE.
That is fine. Most people got Visitor stamping.

And congrats on your marriage :)

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi everybody,
I have applied 8 months ago. Last week, I sent a webform stating I have been having physical and mental health issues because of this situation (depression, 3 serious physical injuries over 1 year, resigned from job...). I haven't seen my family in 2 years, my grandmother passed away last year, and life just has no meaning anymore for me and I am giving up. After resigning from my job and starting my own business, I am now also about to lose it as well because I cannot travel to meet investors. Investors told me my story made them believe Canada is "politically unstable for investors". This is from a >1bio USD fund to invest in my AI startup.

CIC responded saying my file is still "in process", and is asking me to chose:
- Send documents to prove emergency OR
- Travel and transfer application to visa office abroad.

What I am confused by is:
- Why are they giving visas to people in 1 month these days, but are asking ME to provide additional documents if I want my TRV?
- Why is there such a difference in treatment between people? PS: someone else with same citizenship as me, who is jobless, almost got kicked out of Canada twice because of bad grades in school, just got his visa in 1 month. I went to McGill, have a business in Canada, am paying taxes and hiring people. Why is treatment for me so rough?

Everyday I actually think of just ending this and moving to another life. Canada has made my life a living hell since moving here 3 years ago. This administration will be to blame if I make a mistake, it's taken all meaning away from my life and work.

Last edited:
Reactions: haplo

neo2190

May 4, 2021
Hi everybody,
I have applied 8 months ago. Last week, I sent a webform stating I have been having physical and mental health issues because of this situation (depression, 3 serious physical injuries over 1 year, resigned from job...). I haven't seen my family in 2 years, my grandmother passed away last year, and life just has no meaning anymore for me and I am giving up.

- Send documents to prove emergency

- Why are they giving visas to people in 1 month these days, but are asking ME to provide additional documents if I want my TRV?
- Why is there such a difference in treatment between people? PS: someone else with same citizenship as me, who is jobless, almost got kicked out of Canada twice because of bad grades in school, just got his visa in 1 month.
I went to McGill, have a business in Canada, am paying taxes and hiring people. Why is treatment for me so rough?

Everyday I actually think of just ending this and moving to another life. Canada has made my life a living hell since moving here and this administration will be to blame if I make a mistake.
Sorry to hear that.

Suggest you to make a second application.

Prag123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
They shipped your passport on 9th or 8th?

Oct 21, 2021
Update on TRV -

Applied on 27th October,
Ghost updates 24 hours later,
Review started on Nov 1st,
PPR received 5th November,
Passport sent on 7th -> Reached on 8th,
Approved and Counterfoil issued 10th November around 11am,
Waiting for Canada Post link to get activated.

Thank you @Am11 for your timely updates. I was able to judge my next steps based on your updates
it is your second application?

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Hi everybody,
I have applied 8 months ago. Last week, I sent a webform stating I have been having physical and mental health issues because of this situation (depression, 3 serious physical injuries over 1 year, resigned from job...). I haven't seen my family in 2 years, my grandmother passed away last year, and life just has no meaning anymore for me and I am giving up. After resigning from my job and starting my own business, I am now also about to lose it as well because I cannot travel to meet investors. Investors told me my story made them believe Canada is "politically unstable for investors". This is from a >1bio USD fund to invest in my AI startup.

- Send documents to prove emergency OR

- Why is there such a difference in treatment between people? PS: someone else with same citizenship as me, who is jobless, almost got kicked out of Canada twice because of bad grades in school, just got his visa in 1 month. I went to McGill, have a business in Canada, am paying taxes and hiring people. Why is treatment for me so rough?

Everyday I actually think of just ending this and moving to another life. Canada has made my life a living hell since moving here 3 years ago. This administration will be to blame if I make a mistake, it's taken all meaning away from my life and work.
I got the same response, cant even take risk to travel