+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

neo2190

May 4, 2021
I’ve applied on June 2nd
Passport request on oct 29
Passport delivered on nov 2

since then no updates,I had 2 other friends who sent their passports recently and got it back within 10 days.
I’m starting to get worried because I was planning to go to my home country in December. I renewed my passport recently and sent my updated passport via webform one month before my passport request, could that be the reason of this delay?
Your timeline is a little iffy.

Could you give us the proper timeline ?

You are saying one month before my passport request. Don't really understand when you word it like that

hat3cker

Apr 26, 2021
Your timeline is a little iffy.

Could you give us the proper timeline ?

You are saying one month before my passport request. Don't really understand when you word it like that
Lol
I sent a webform on September 16th to update my passport information
29th of October I got a passport request

neo2190

May 4, 2021
Lol
I sent a webform on September 16th to update my passport information
29th of October I got a passport request
Got it now.

Yeah it could be because of an existing webform on your application.

Most times, applications are moved in a different queue compared to webforms. So when it comes to the final processing (PPR, decision etc), officers need to make sure each application and its corresponding webforms are resolved before the case is closed. This needs additional people to get involved since each webform is treated as a re-review of the application.

Hence, more amount of webforms = greater the time to process

IMO You should just wait it out.

Some indications to look for (gckey) -
- Counterfoil gets generated (means the visa is stamped and awaiting final steps before shipping it back)
- You might get a ghost updates if an officer starts processing your application and webform.

Cheers

Reactions: hat3cker

Gerrard8

Apr 29, 2016
Congrats!!!
Please what was the content of the webform?
Thank you, the first one was proof of vaccination. Not sure if that did anything, but I sent it just in case. Second one was about my need to travel before the end of the year and the urgency of my situation

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
I'm considering completely withdrawing my application. Once it's withdrawn, then making a brand new one. I was to be considered a brand new application like these recent ones are. It seems that reapplying and having 2 applications at once isn't working how we want it to.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I'm considering completely withdrawing my application. Once it's withdrawn, then making a brand new one. I was to be considered a brand new application like these recent ones are. It seems that reapplying and having 2 applications at once isn't working how we want it to.
Yes, I agree...I think they don't like applicants submitting multiple applications when they are within their processing timeline.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I am inland and reapplied through ircc portal. Does that mean my application won’t be processed?
I'm not sure since we don't meet any of the conditions required to apply through IRCC portal. I would suggest you to contact IRCC and confirm this.

Lovedeep_kaur

Oct 2, 2019
Can anyone help me providing information about TRV
I got passport request for stamp
I just wanna know how much time it takes to get the passport back after stamping??

neo2190

May 4, 2021
Can anyone help me providing information about TRV
I got passport request for stamp
I just wanna know how much time it takes to get the passport back after stamping??
Got ppr on 7th. Sent on 7th and reached on 8th
Passport stamping done on 9th
Still waiting for Canada post return link to be activated.