+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Sunrise-22

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, can someone help me with this query. My wife and two minor children are presently residing in Canada with me(I am a PR holder). My wife and children’s status is visitors. Wife and children's application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident is recently approved. Wife and my children have submitted an application for PR under Family Class and the application is under review, likely to have final decision in July 2022. Now my wife and children want to go to India for a few weeks and would like to come back to Canada and stay with me as visitors until outcome of our sponsorship PR application is determined. My wife's and children's temporary resident visa (TRV) has expired and we would like to apply for TRV while they are inside Canada to avoid long waiting time for TRV(application from outside of Canada) while in India. Could anyone let me know if we can apply for TRV while inside Canada?

If yes, please clarify following questions: 1) how we can apply for TRV while inside Canada and what checklist and form will be applicable? 2) I search on CIC website, however, could not find any option for visitors to apply online for a TRV while inside Canada. Can we apply online and how? or it is only via mail?

If we cannot apply for TRV while inside Canada. Do they need to apply for TRV while in India using the IRCC Portal account? I guess this will be a complete new Visa application?

Thanks for your help!

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Got PPR. Applied Oct 27th. Others who applied yesterday also got PPR. guess the process is faster now
Congrats! Looks like processing times are getting back to normal for new applicants old applications are still lost in the backlog pile.
So you are saying even who applied yesterday got their PPR?

neo2190

May 4, 2021
Congrats! Looks like processing times are getting back to normal for new applicants old applications are still lost in the backlog pile.
So you are saying even who applied yesterday got their PPR?
Yeah. Applied morning 9am and PPR received next day 12 pm. I was thinking mine was faster since i got ppr in less than a week, but this is extreme. PPR in less than 30hours.

Where did u apply from? And did u apply on GC key or the new portal?
Inland from Canada. Yeah gckey.

Reactions: marketyourself

Sunrise-22

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, can someone help me with this query. My wife and two minor children are presently residing in Canada with me(I am a PR holder). My wife and children’s status is visitors. Wife and children's application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident is recently approved. Wife and my children have submitted an application for PR under Family Class and the application is under review, likely to have final decision in July 2022. Now my wife and children want to go to India for a few weeks and would like to come back to Canada and stay with me as visitors until outcome of our sponsorship PR application is determined. My wife's and children's temporary resident visa (TRV) has expired and we would like to apply for TRV while they are inside Canada to avoid long waiting time for TRV(application from outside of Canada) while in India. Could anyone let me know if we can apply for TRV while inside Canada?

If yes, please clarify following questions: 1) how we can apply for TRV while inside Canada and what checklist and form will be applicable? 2) I search on CIC website, however, could not find any option for visitors to apply online for a TRV while inside Canada. Can we apply online and how? or it is only via mail?

If we cannot apply for TRV while inside Canada. Do they need to apply for TRV while in India using the IRCC Portal account? I guess this will be a complete new Visa application?

Thanks for your help!
Hi, Does anyone have any inputs on above question? appreciate your response.

neo2190

May 4, 2021
Hi, Does anyone have any inputs on above question? appreciate your response.
This is a very particular situation. You should have answers by contacting an immigration lawyer. They can submit applications that fall outside the scope of normal requirements.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Yeah. Applied morning 9am and PPR received next day 12 pm. I was thinking mine was faster since i got ppr in less than a week, but this is extreme. PPR in less than 30hours.

Inland from Canada. Yeah gckey.
Woww! That's how it was before covid screwed up everything. My earlier TRV (2018 application) was approved within a day.

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
If applications are getting approved in under a week, maybe we should just withdraw our 1st apps and make brand new ones?