+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Jordan824

Oct 8, 2021
Hey all
After reading some of the posts on this forum I got to say I can definitely relate. It’s been an increasingly frustrating experience to say the least. I have a PR application and attached an open work permit application with it. This is from in Canada. Here is the timeline:
Sent: December 14, 2020
Received: December 18, 2020
Start processing: May 27, 2021
Medical request: June 16, 2021
Medical completed: June 30, 2021
Biometrics request: August 6, 2021
Biometrics complete: August 9, 2021
Additional info request: August 6, 2021
Additional info sent: September 4, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: October 8, 2021

Something to note is that I originally sent the same applications in April 2020 and it got denied in November 2020 because it wasn’t specified that I had to give a physical signature along with the electronic that I provided. At this point I just need to start working and it’s been nearly a year since resending the application. I know pre-arrival letter can be good news but at this point I need the open work permit and I can’t keep waiting with no definitive answer or timetable. Am I able to at least find an employer who will accept a pre arrival letter? I understand PR can take longer but should I keep holding out hope for receiving an open work permit for another month?

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • my question is can i leave Canada on TRV APPLIED ( WITHOUT STAMPING MY PASSPORT) to my home country? for my marriage. i just want to confirm that if i leave Canada then how my TRV application will be processed? going to India is important for me because of my marriage and as you know for TRV the processing time is 157 days . I am confused and worried about how I will come back to Canada without stamping. I am on my work permit till 2024. i applied TRV on 1OCTOBER
You can send your passport once you get your PPR request but you can't return back to Canada until you get your TRV . Prepare yourself accordingly better than later regret.

Reactions: pb06

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, The second one only has a few yes/no questions (like past visa denial, etc.) and lists past countries in the last 5 years.
I thought it wasn't much so I submitted it too.
It appears as an optional document in the checklist, but once submitted, it shows as Required.

But now I'm just worried they might think I'm not Inland o_O
Well if you have already submitted it .. then better to wait than playing with it further. Shouldn't be a problem though as it is only optional . But it can create confusion and delays as it was not required initially.
Stay calm .. hope for the best

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all
After reading some of the posts on this forum I got to say I can definitely relate. It’s been an increasingly frustrating experience to say the least. I have a PR application and attached an open work permit application with it. This is from in Canada. Here is the timeline:
Sent: December 14, 2020
Received: December 18, 2020
Start processing: May 27, 2021
Medical request: June 16, 2021
Medical completed: June 30, 2021
Biometrics request: August 6, 2021
Biometrics complete: August 9, 2021
Additional info request: August 6, 2021
Additional info sent: September 4, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: October 8, 2021

Something to note is that I originally sent the same applications in April 2020 and it got denied in November 2020 because it wasn’t specified that I had to give a physical signature along with the electronic that I provided. At this point I just need to start working and it’s been nearly a year since resending the application. I know pre-arrival letter can be good news but at this point I need the open work permit and I can’t keep waiting with no definitive answer or timetable. Am I able to at least find an employer who will accept a pre arrival letter? I understand PR can take longer but should I keep holding out hope for receiving an open work permit for another month?
May I ask reason for finding employer?

Jordan824

Oct 8, 2021
So if you're looking for a job to cover expenses then SIN is the first thing that will be required.
Yes I am aware. I was told though that they assign temporary SINs with work permits and temporary visas while you wait for PR. I haven’t gotten either and I submitted an application for that nearly a year ago with the application for PR

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am aware. I was told though that they assign temporary SINs with work permits and temporary visas while you wait for PR. I haven’t gotten either and I submitted an application for that nearly a year ago with the application for PR
Yes you're Eligible for temporary SIN with a valid work permit. If you haven't applied yet for your SIN then that's the first thing you need before applying for any job.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have your work permit yet then you have to wait for work permit first.

jyag

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
Does anyone sent a webform and got response from IRCC? how long does it take to get a response? i raised recently and didn't hear anything back from them..

itsramk

Aug 19, 2021
Hi All,

Does anyone have their TRV application stuck in eligibility review status for more than 2 months? Or has anyone had that stuck like that earlier? Any inputs will help. Thanks.

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
You can send your passport once you get your PPR request but you can't return back to Canada until you get your TRV . Prepare yourself accordingly better than later regret.
do we have to inform IRCC once you have left Canada and your TRV is still under processing?