+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hey @itspossible9 , wanna check with you if my process is the correct one (apply TRV inside Canada), when I select the questionnaire according to the guide, I have to submit 2 document:

- Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)
- Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)

They also say even though it shows "Outside of Canada", it's the correct form. Does everyone have to submit these 2? (especially the second one)
I think I didn't submit the schedule 1 form.I just submitted IMM 5257 form along with my PGWP, photo and medical exam.

Reactions: baryonix

harshsaini

Sep 29, 2021
Just wanted to know can I travel to india with a work permit and TRV applied as a worker.
however my old student TRV is still valid till 2024.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Thank you so much. I would appreciate if more people can confirm this.
Yes, you can. This has already been answered in IRCC’s official site’s Help Centre section.

rogerbas

Apr 9, 2018
Please help me! I applied for a TRV on August 9th, within Canada and as a PGWP holder. As I read later that we have to re-apply after Sept 7th I did it on Sep 9th. So I have two applications in my IRCC account, because even when I applied for the second one the site mentioned that the first application is going to be withdrawn automatically, I didn't do nothing. Now I have the two applications In process, only AOR and no answer so far, even I received a refund but it is still active in the IRCC site. What I have to do? Do I have to continue waiting?

I applied to TR to PR as IG stream also on May 6th but no answer or AOR so far. I'm really frustrated because I really need to leave Canada for two weeks even I asked for vacations in my company, I didn't think it is going to be delayed so long.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey @itspossible9 , wanna check with you if my process is the correct one (apply TRV inside Canada), when I select the questionnaire according to the guide, I have to submit 2 document:

- Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)
- Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)

They also say even though it shows "Outside of Canada", it's the correct form. Does everyone have to submit these 2? (especially the second one)
Only submit the first one not the schedule 1

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to know can I travel to india with a work permit and TRV applied as a worker.
however my old student TRV is still valid till 2024.
If it's still valid.. then you don't need a new one .. as the new would serve the same purpose .

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me! I applied for a TRV on August 9th, within Canada and as a PGWP holder. As I read later that we have to re-apply after Sept 7th I did it on Sep 9th. So I have two applications in my IRCC account, because even when I applied for the second one the site
Please help me! I applied for a TRV on August 9th, within Canada and as a PGWP holder. As I read later that we have to re-apply after Sept 7th I did it on Sep 9th. So I have two applications in my IRCC account, because even when I applied for the second one the site mentioned that the first application is going to be withdrawn automatically, I didn't do nothing. Now I have the two applications In process, only AOR and no answer so far, even I received a refund but it is still active in the IRCC site. What I have to do? Do I have to continue waiting?

I applied to TR to PR as IG stream also on May 6th but no answer or AOR so far. I'm really frustrated because I really need to leave Canada for two weeks even I asked for vacations in my company, I didn't think it is going to be delayed so long.
Did you try to see or find out if it applies to you ... I think it was only for visitors of immediate family members.
Not for people already in Canada?

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon

I think people who applied inside Canada were not the ones asked to reapply after Sept 7th, unless maybe your situation is different/specific.

pb06

Oct 6, 2021
  • my question is can i leave Canada on TRV APPLIED ( WITHOUT STAMPING MY PASSPORT) to my home country? for my marriage. i just want to confirm that if i leave Canada then how my TRV application will be processed? going to India is important for me because of my marriage and as you know for TRV the processing time is 157 days . I am confused and worried about how I will come back to Canada without stamping. I am on my work permit till 2024. i applied TRV on 1OCTOBER

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
  • my question is can i leave Canada on TRV APPLIED ( WITHOUT STAMPING MY PASSPORT) to my home country? for my marriage. i just want to confirm that if i leave Canada then how my TRV application will be processed? going to India is important for me because of my marriage and as you know for TRV the processing time is 157 days . I am confused and worried about how I will come back to Canada without stamping. I am on my work permit till 2024. i applied TRV on 1OCTOBER
You can leave Canada, your application would still be processed. When you get a passport request letter while in India, you can send the passport to the VAC for stamping in India itself. But if your present TRV expires before your application is approved and you are in India, then you may not be able to travel back to Canada.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Only submit the first one not the schedule 1
Hey, The second one only has a few yes/no questions (like past visa denial, etc.) and lists past countries in the last 5 years.
I thought it wasn't much so I submitted it too.
It appears as an optional document in the checklist, but once submitted, it shows as Required.

But now I'm just worried they might think I'm not Inland o_O