+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Application Date: December 17, 2020
Submission Confirmation: February 4, 2021

Still no passport request. I have submitted multiple webforms but got a general response that they will try to finalize my application as soon as possible.

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Just received information letter from IRCC that my file has been transferred to abu Dhabi office as my current residence is Pakistan.

AOR ( trv) Jan 6 2021 ( within Canada)
Transfer to abu Dhabi April 14

Guys do you know how does abu Dhabi treats transferred files ??

I am returning worker. Sent several emails to ircc to prioritize as I have a really good job offer.
I traveled in emergency to attend baby s birth and got stuck here.

Any suggestions??.
There is a 2nd option. TRV is not required if you are entering Canada from US. If you have US visitor visa, book a flight from your country to US and then to Canada.

Absii

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
There is a 2nd option. TRV is not required if you are entering Canada from US. If you have US visitor visa, book a flight from your country to US and then to Canada.
Yu can’t do that. !! Only if you travel to US from Canada and then you don’t need TRV when you return back .

Apr 6, 2021
Toronto
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yu can’t do that. !! Only if you travel to US from Canada and then you don’t need TRV when you return back .
Are you sure about this? I am travelling to the US, waiting for my PPR, I thought I’d get stamping from the US that is if I get PPR. Also I am on work permit, if that helps.

kadianravi

Dec 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,
For those who have applied for a visitor visa and need their application to be prioritized , you will have to email IRCC stating why they should prioritize your application with adequate proof attached in your email.

My application timeline:

Application date: March 8, 2021
Submission confirmation: March 8, 2021
Email sent for priority processing: March 19, 2021
Passport Request: March 22, 2021
Passport delivered to IRCC: March 25, 2021
Counterfoil generated and application approved: April 9, 2021
Received passport: April 12, 2021
Hi Adnan,

Congratulations on you application being completed and Passport stamped.

Brother, almost all of us are in same boat. If you don't mind can you please enlighten the entire group here on how you managed to convince IRCC to fast track your case. Email subject and email body would really help others, Please remove any personal information from the email body.

Thanks and regards,
Ravi

Reactions: JJAiden

adnan1595

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Adnan,

Congratulations on you application being completed and Passport stamped.

Brother, almost all of us are in same boat. If you don't mind can you please enlighten the entire group here on how you managed to convince IRCC to fast track your case. Email subject and email body would really help others, Please remove any personal information from the email body.

Thanks and regards,
Ravi
Hi Ravi

IRCC is backlogging all visitor visa applications until September 2021 with the new travel restrictions. So when you apply for a visitor visa they are unaware of the application urgency you might have. At present they are only processing applications for people who are exempt from travelling to Canada which includes people on study permit and work permit. You need to inform them about your application if you've already applied or apply in a certain way if you haven't applied yet

Here's the link that explains how to apply and what to do if you've already applied for a visitor visa : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

My urgency to travel back home was due to a medical emergency and I need to travel back to Canada as I am currently employed here and will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. However if you do not have a medical emergency you are still exempt from the travel restrictions as you are either a foreign worker or a student.
So to convince them you need to show the documents that prove you normally live in Canada (for eg: currently employed letter , recent pay stubs , latest credit card bills , lease documents , etc)

There is a format you need to follow and email them which is in the link I have provided and even the email address is in that link itself

I would advice that you go through that link thoroughly and send one email telling them that you are exempt from the travel restrictions

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out to me

Reactions: Absii

adnan1595

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Ravi

IRCC is backlogging all visitor visa applications until September 2021 with the new travel restrictions. So when you apply for a visitor visa they are unaware of the application urgency you might have. At present they are only processing applications for people who are exempt from travelling to Canada which includes people on study permit and work permit. You need to inform them about your application if you've already applied or apply in a certain way if you haven't applied yet

Here's the link that explains how to apply and what to do if you've already applied for a visitor visa : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

My urgency to travel back home was due to a medical emergency and I need to travel back to Canada as I am currently employed here and will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. However if you do not have a medical emergency you are still exempt from the travel restrictions as you are either a foreign worker or a student.
So to convince them you need to show the documents that prove you normally live in Canada (for eg: currently employed letter , recent pay stubs , latest credit card bills , lease documents , etc)

There is a format you need to follow and email them which is in the link I have provided and even the email address is in that link itself

I would advice that you go through that link thoroughly and send one email telling them that you are exempt from the travel restrictions

I noticed they have updated the above link sent earlier and have asked to send webforms now instead of emails
However, the process remains the same

kadianravi

Dec 16, 2020
Hi Ravi

Thank you so much Adnan, really appreciate your detailed explanation and time you spent.

cheers buddy
Ravi

Sali947

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Ravi

Could you please share the source of the application backlog information. I couldn't find anything that mentions about backlog till September 2021.
Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks