+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
Hi Ravi

IRCC is backlogging all visitor visa applications until September 2021 with the new travel restrictions. So when you apply for a visitor visa they are unaware of the application urgency you might have. At present they are only processing applications for people who are exempt from travelling to Canada which includes people on study permit and work permit. You need to inform them about your application if you've already applied or apply in a certain way if you haven't applied yet

Here's the link that explains how to apply and what to do if you've already applied for a visitor visa : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

My urgency to travel back home was due to a medical emergency and I need to travel back to Canada as I am currently employed here and will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. However if you do not have a medical emergency you are still exempt from the travel restrictions as you are either a foreign worker or a student.
So to convince them you need to show the documents that prove you normally live in Canada (for eg: currently employed letter , recent pay stubs , latest credit card bills , lease documents , etc)

There is a format you need to follow and email them which is in the link I have provided and even the email address is in that link itself

I would advice that you go through that link thoroughly and send one email telling them that you are exempt from the travel restrictions

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out to me
Hi Adnan - did you send email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca ? I have sent email to this address for over 10 days and there is no reply. I have attached sufficient proof (tickets, death certificate etc.) in the email stating my urgency.

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Just I got a mail that my TRV application is transferred to New Delhi. I submitted web form to expedite with all proofs. Does anybody know how much time New Delhi office taking to process VISA here. Is any similar case? Please suggest.
Thank you in advance.

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Just I got a mail that my TRV application is transferred to New Delhi. I submitted web form to expedite with all proofs. Does anybody know how much time New Delhi office taking to process VISA here. Is any similar case? Please suggest.
Thank you in advance.
I applied on December 17, 2020 too and still no PPR. What documents did you submit to expedite?

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi Ravi

IRCC is backlogging all visitor visa applications until September 2021 with the new travel restrictions. So when you apply for a visitor visa they are unaware of the application urgency you might have. At present they are only processing applications for people who are exempt from travelling to Canada which includes people on study permit and work permit. You need to inform them about your application if you've already applied or apply in a certain way if you haven't applied yet

Here's the link that explains how to apply and what to do if you've already applied for a visitor visa : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

My urgency to travel back home was due to a medical emergency and I need to travel back to Canada as I am currently employed here and will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. However if you do not have a medical emergency you are still exempt from the travel restrictions as you are either a foreign worker or a student.
So to convince them you need to show the documents that prove you normally live in Canada (for eg: currently employed letter , recent pay stubs , latest credit card bills , lease documents , etc)

There is a format you need to follow and email them which is in the link I have provided and even the email address is in that link itself

I would advice that you go through that link thoroughly and send one email telling them that you are exempt from the travel restrictions

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out to me
Hello,

my wife is in same situation, she needs to fly back home in medical emergency. she is work permit holder and also her PR file under process right now. we are planning to submit the webform but looks like you used other source. we can submit all documents you have summited. I just need little guideline to process.

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I applied on December 17, 2020 too and still no PPR. What documents did you submit to expedite?
Even I didn’t get PPR. I am not sure transferring it to India gonna take more time or not. I submitted all medical proofs and explained under which situation I travelled.I submitted Webform for that

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Even I didn’t get PPR. I am not sure transferring it to India gonna take more time or not. I submitted all medical proofs and explained under which situation I travelled.I submitted Webform for that
@PK14 : Had you applied for TRV from inside Canada? are you in India or Canada? when was the TRV file submitted ?

NuthanP

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

I got my work permit in Dec 2020 and after that I applied for a TRV on Jan 25 2021. I still haven't gotten any response on the application and its under "Submitted" status and its way past the normal processing times - which is 76 days according to IRCC website.I have an emergency and I have to go to India by the end of April and couldn't really get any information from IRCC on why the process is taking this long or how I can speed up the process.

Anyone have the same problem or any solutions on how to speed up the process?

Thank you.

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got my work permit in Dec 2020 and after that I applied for a TRV on Jan 25 2021. I still haven't gotten any response on the application and its under "Submitted" status and its way past the normal processing times - which is 76 days according to IRCC website.I have an emergency and I have to go to India by the end of April and couldn't really get any information from IRCC on why the process is taking this long or how I can speed up the process.

Anyone have the same problem or any solutions on how to speed up the process?

Thank you.
send email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Ethan_joy

Apr 21, 2021
Hi everyone, how are you all? I need a suggestion regarding my study permit. I got a refusal on February 21 after receiving AIP and yes I have re-applied, currently, the medical update and review started already. Yesterday I got a mail from IRCC stating a "Request Letter" where they want me to upload an updated LOA, however, I have uploaded the LOA but the question is while re-applying I did upload the LOA. I am a little worried and trying to find out is it a positive sign?