+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hello Guys,

Couple of questions and would really appreciate any help,
I submitted my application on Oct 24 and i havn't heard anything back since ,unfortunately i have already booked tickets for 15 th DEC for my brothers wedding which i cannot miss. what are my options here .Please help
Also if you’re going for a long time say 3 months you can just go and I’m sure cic processing will be done before then and you only need to send the passport to your country’s visa processing centre. But if it’s a short trip then i wouldn’t risk it!

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Also if you’re going for a long time say 3 months you can just go and I’m sure cic processing will be done before then and you only need to send the passport to your country’s visa processing centre. But if it’s a short trip then i wouldn’t risk it!
There is something I don't understand! Why does it say on their website that the processing time of such document is 5 days and it took you 3 months? I'm panicking right now since I applied last Monday and no response have been sent to me!!!

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
There is something I don't understand! Why does it say on their website that the processing time of such document is 5 days and it took you 3 months? I'm panicking right now since I applied last Monday and no response have been sent to me!!!
I went through the same thought process! It took me 2 months which was still way over the specified processing period! The only response I got from them was that it requires additional verifications and so the processing time will be more

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
What if i go to india (flight is on 15 dec)and then send the passport back when i get there and my friend can send the passport to ottawa and then once the visa is stamped and she gets it then she can send it back to me in india . i am only going for 25 days though.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
I asked today someone who applied for TRV extension inside Canada, waited for the passport request letter, then printed the letter and submitted his passport and letter in a Canada visa center in his country and it worked since he stayed for 20 days.

Reactions: shayan1992

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
What if i go to india (flight is on 15 dec)and then send the passport back when i get there and my friend can send the passport to ottawa and then once the visa is stamped and she gets it then she can send it back to me in india . i am only going for 25 days though.
As mentioned above you can just submit the letter and passport to the indian office for Canada visa application and they will stamp it there.

Reactions: shayan1992

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
I asked today someone who applied for TRV extension inside Canada, waited for the passport request letter, then printed the letter and submitted his passport and letter in a Canada visa center in his country and it worked since he stayed for 20 days.
Thank you for your help guys,

Question: can i not visit a visa center here in canada and get it stamped if its an emergency ?

shayan1992

Oct 9, 2018
Hello, Guys can some one please tell me what to select when you are applying for a TRV as a student in the first question it asks what would you like to do in canada , should i select student or visit if i am already in canada ?

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hello, Guys can some one please tell me what to select when you are applying for a TRV as a student in the first question it asks what would you like to do in canada , should i select student or visit if i am already in canada ?
It will be study!

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hey Zeeali,
I sent my passport the same way you did. I prepaid for an express post and used UPS to send my passport.

last update i have is that my passport is in ottawa. I will post if i have any more updates
Hey sneha do you have any updates for your passport? Mine according to UPS was received on November 27th and I checked my Canada Post tracker and it is active now. But cic hasn’t sent me any notifications since the passport request. I talked to cic and the lady said it’s common for the officers to not put in the notifications even after they have stamped and sent the passport back. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 17ha15

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey sneha do you have any updates for your passport? Mine according to UPS was received on November 27th and I checked my Canada Post tracker and it is active now. But cic hasn’t sent me any notifications since the passport request. I talked to cic and the lady said it’s common for the officers to not put in the notifications even after they have stamped and sent the passport back. Any thoughts?
Hey Zeeali,

I did not receive any updates since the passport reached the office in Ottawa. Even the Canada post tracker is not active for me yet.
You even spoke to the CIC agent? I never get through to them unless i call 100098 times : (
good luck! if your return tracker is activated it shouldn't take long for the passport to be with you

Reactions: 17ha15

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys, i have submitted the online application on the 24th of November. I still didn’t receive any passport request eventhough the processing time (6 days) have passed. Who should i contact? Thank you so much

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hi guys, i have submitted the online application on the 24th of November. I still didn’t receive any passport request eventhough the processing time (6 days) have passed. Who should i contact? Thank you so much
Unfortunately 6 days is too little of a time passed to know exactly what’s happening.

marinacan

Dec 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for TRV from within Canada and mailed the passport with Canada Post (Xpresspost) during the strike, so here's my timeline:

- November 2nd: submitted the application
- November 22nd: received passport request
- November 22nd: mailed the passport to Ottawa from Vancouver,BC
- November 30th: Passport received by CIC
- December 3rd: Received my passport back

Hope it helps!