+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hello all.. I got an application/profile update: the background check status changed from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check".. it seems my application may take much longer than I expected (applied August 20, from inside Canada)!

Reactions: snehavyas

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
How did you know that they mailed you back your passport? Did your express post tracker activated?
Yeah my tracker activated and shows that the item has been processed in Ottawa. Waiting for it to reach Toronto. It take 1 business day to reach.

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, how do u know they already mailed back ur passport on Oct 23?!
Mine is approved but stilling waiting for them to send passport back to me. Im flying soon... :(
I am flying on 9th nov too. I dont know but my visa got approved in 1 business day and the next day I was asked to send my passport. I will provide a detailed timeline once I receive my passport in hand.

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Yeah my tracker activated and shows that the item has been processed in Ottawa. Waiting for it to reach Toronto. It take 1 business day to reach.
This is so stressful :( why do they delay sending passport... my tracker isn’t activated yet. Does anyone know how can I contact them? :(

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello all.. I got an application/profile update: the background check status changed from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check".. it seems my application may take much longer than I expected (applied August 20, from inside Canada)!
Thank you for the update @AHHABB
I do not have any updates to post, my status is still the same.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi There

Is background check the last step? and if it comes back clean it means that they will issue a Visa?

I'm in the 46th day now (normal processing time at the time of my registration was 58 days but now reduced to 42 days) and I already got two application/profile updates (well, ghost updates really)

I assume update means that some VO opened my application and checked it.
Can I assume that after 2 updates, my application is in background check status?
I mean if they wanted to reject my application, they should've already done it after the first or second update. is that correct?
Hey @BeziLei
where did you apply for the visa form?
They will not reject your application don't go there just yet.
Just give the application some more time, you should def. have your visa soon.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on March 24. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now April 25 almost 30 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on April 12. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.
Before to answer your question I would like to clear one thing which is so confusing, you said you have valid work permit and study permit. If your study permit is still valid how come your visa get expired. Did you take extension of your study permit? As I understand your visa may expire if you got your post graduation work permit and did not apply for visa same time.

-D

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hi,
A useful Thread, Thanks for keeping it alive.
- I have filled 5257e Form as well as 5257-Schedule 1 form. What to write at the place where it asks for "Name, Address and relationship to any person or institution you will visit". I am already in Canada and working on PGWP.
- Moreover, i will be attaching my bank statement as well
- Passport should be bio-page only or all pages with visa stamps?
Thanks for help,

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
I am flying on 9th nov too. I dont know but my visa got approved in 1 business day and the next day I was asked to send my passport. I will provide a detailed timeline once I receive my passport in hand.
Good news! After waiting for 1hr to get transfer to the agent yesterday, they confirmed that my passport just got send out. Later in àternoon, my tracker is activated :).

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Good news! After waiting for 1hr to get transfer to the agent yesterday, they confirmed that my passport just got send out. Later in àternoon, my tracker is activated :).
Congratulations! My passport has reached my city. Its going to be out for delivery anytime

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
Hey fam!
I am posting a final timeline for people who are still in doubt about the passport/visa processing time. Hopefully it clear your doubts.

16 sep- I filled in wrong application for TRV, IMM 5707. (DO NOT FILL THIS FORM)

17 sep- I received an email saying my application has been submitted.

12 oct- I dont see any update so I researched an little about the correct form I was supposed to fill. All THANKS to the wonderful people on this thread who told me I submitted the wrong application

13 oct- I withdrew IMM 5707 and submitted IMM 5257

14 oct- My application was sucessfull.

16 oct- My visa got approved.

17 oct- I sent my passport from Toronto to Ottawa in express post. It literally took 1 business day to reach.

18 oct- Tracking showed my passport reached office and was collected.

26 oct- Return tracking was activated

29 oct- Passport reached my house in Toronto

I hope all of you get your visas as soon as possible. I know it is a very frustrating time but all you can do is be positive. If you think that you have filled in a wrong application, I suggest filling in a new one as soon ad possible.

Once again thank you for all the help!

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hey Linhly did you get your passport? How long does it take to reach passport home after activation of tracking number