+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Apr 25, 2018
I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on March 24. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now April 25 almost 30 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on April 12. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.

ma5590

Jan 24, 2018
TRV usually comes back very fast. I got my application approved and passport request letter sent to me within 24 hours. I was really shocked by how fast it went but then again I'm not complaining.

Reactions: Varinder771
Aug 16, 2011
hi folks,
I need to renew TRV for my 10-year old daughter who got her Visitor Record/Temporary Resident Permit valid till 29 Jan 2019. I am in Post Graduate Open Work Permit, waiting for PR.

After answering questions in my CIC account, it kept generating application to extend stay (IMM 5708); I know we need IMM 5257 for TRV.

Anyone can tell if I made mistake somewhere or online TRV from INSIDE canada is no longer an option.

Your instruction/sharing are greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Reactions: kamalyadav

martian7

May 7, 2018
Hi, any update on your application? I applied on April 12th and the website said 7 days when I applied, still no response at all.

martian7

May 7, 2018
Hi there, I have a question, if you are already inside Canada, why do you still need to apply for a visitor's visa?
Visa can expire before work permit does, and you need a visa to return to Canada if you go out for vacation or something.

ubedshareef

May 10, 2018
Hello,
Iam also in the same boat. Could you please provide required information.

I am on PGWP and my wife on open work permit and my 5 years old daughter is on visitor status which is valid till June 2019. Now we have travel plan to India for a month and confused about my daughter visa status. As we have to apply TRV to get the visa sticker on passport to return to Canada but what to do with my daughter status. How do i get visa sticker for my daughter within Canada as she has visit status or what are the visa options available for my daughter to travel.

Help is appreciated !!!

Thanks
UBED SHAREEF

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
hi folks,
I need to renew TRV for my 10-year old daughter who got her Visitor Record/Temporary Resident Permit valid till 29 Jan 2019. I am in Post Graduate Open Work Permit, waiting for PR.

After answering questions in my CIC account, it kept generating application to extend stay (IMM 5708); I know we need IMM 5257 for TRV.

Anyone can tell if I made mistake somewhere or online TRV from INSIDE canada is no longer an option.

Your instruction/sharing are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Have you been able to get this done? If not, contact me on bosunoluwayelu@aol.com and I can assist.

Cheers!

APNE

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
I applied TRV online inside canada But am confuse about form I attached 5708 .I think i did wrong anybody can help me please which form I should attach 5257 or 5708.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on March 24. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now April 25 almost 30 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on April 12. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.
Hi Usama,

I am in the same situation, i applied for the TRV inside Canada on 10 August 2018
would you please share your timeline please, I hope you have your TRV now.

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi Usama,

I am in the same situation, i applied for the TRV inside Canada on 10 August 2018
would you please share your timeline please, I hope you have your TRV now.
Hi Sneha,

I’m in the same boat. Please tell me if you receive any thing so far. I’m very worried. I have already booked my tickets. Any info will be helpful

Mrd3m0n

Sep 17, 2018
I am on the same boat. I applied on 16th September, it says that they are processing requests from 17th september.
Avg processing time is 5 days.
I dont know what to do. Customer care never picks up, it is literally the worst customer service i have ever seen in my life.
Do you think i ahould wait or withdraw? I have booked my tickets for 9 nov

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I am on the same boat. I applied on 16th September, it says that they are processing requests from 17th september.
Avg processing time is 5 days.
I dont know what to do. Customer care never picks up, it is literally the worst customer service i have ever seen in my life.
Do you think i ahould wait or withdraw? I have booked my tickets for 9 nov
I’m really out of mind. I just wish that it should be before the flight dates. All we can do is wait