+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I'm in Canada on a PGWP. My TRV expires in October of 2024 (because of expiring passport). I already renewed my passport. Can I submit a new TRV application even thought my current TRV is still valid?
Yes. Shouldn't have any issues with that. Might be a good idea to explain that you are applying after passport renewal. They might give you a new TRV with validity till your PGWP expiry or even until the new passport expiry.

Reactions: andrews17

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys!
My partner’s trv approved in January 17th. Ottawa received passport 19th January. We got email today and when we checked the account we saw the trv expire date. Is that mean they stamped the visa?
Is it counterfoil?
When we should expect the passport?
Thank you everyone!

Guri6060

Dec 30, 2023
Hello,
Anybody applied TRV within Canada in January 2024. How is the normal processing time.

I applied TRV 3rd Jan inside Canada and went to back home country in emergency. My review is started.

You guys know the processing time after review start.
Reply will be appreciated. Thanks

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hello,
Anybody applied TRV within Canada in January 2024. How is the normal processing time.

I applied TRV 3rd Jan inside Canada and went to back home country in emergency. My review is started.

You guys know the processing time after review start.
Reply will be appreciated. Thanks
It took 41 days for me but 4 days for my spouse to get the passport request, even though we applied a few minutes apart inside Canada. We applied on Dec 10. So, it depends case to case I guess.

Guri6060

Dec 30, 2023
It took 41 days for me but 4 days for my spouse to get the passport request, even though we applied a few minutes apart inside Canada. We applied on Dec 10. So, it depends case to case I guess.
Thank you for reply,

Hope i will get any update in upcoming days as 26 days have gone.

shafius

Dec 6, 2023
Have you guys shipped the passports for TRV stamping? If yes when was it and what is the status on it?

hhanieh

Jan 31, 2024
Hi there, I applied for my TRV from within Canada with my work permit on Nov 1st and haven't heard anything back. Online it still says it's processing and I've sent webforms without any luck. I'm supposed to be leaving the country Feb 23rd. So I still have a chance? Or am I screwed?

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi there, I applied for my TRV from within Canada with my work permit on Nov 1st and haven't heard anything back. Online it still says it's processing and I've sent webforms without any luck. I'm supposed to be leaving the country Feb 23rd. So I still have a chance? Or am I screwed?
Try calling them and explain that you have an approaching necessary travel. Webforms take long time until someone see them.

PooriaNo

Jan 8, 2024
Hi all,
I applied for TRV on Oct 27, still waiting… I sent several webforms, even called… it is still processing…
Is there anyone with similar condition?

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I was in the similar situation a couple weeks back. I had a foreign trip planned and was waiting for the passport request. Finally, after waiting of 40 days, I got it just before a week of the flight. Though couldn't take the risk of sending my passport for stamping to Ottawa with the fear that I might not get it back before the flight. So, instead decided to submit the passport outside of Canada where I am travelling to.