+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from inside Canada Aug 2021

itsdougthepug

Jul 17, 2017
Has anyone gotten their TRV approved from inside Canada and applied in 2021. If so, could you provide when you applied?

--------------------
Rant:
I understand there is a backlog of applications but Canada should really send some applications to their embassies around the world to speed up the process. It's ridiculous that TRVs are approved within 52 days if you applied from USA, but 175 days if you applied from Canada as of August 1 2021. What is the point of Canada opening the border in September if people with status in Canada can't freely travel to and from? Correction, you can leave Canada but not enter again?? What is that logic?

Also, I really do not understand why your TRV doesn't automatically get renewed when you extend your stay as a Student/Worker. eTAs to get automatically renewed so why can't TRVs? Furthermore when you initially apply for your Study Permit your TRV gets automatically issued so why can't this be the case again? In what scenario would someone meet all the requirements to be a student/worker but not meet the requirements for a TRV? None.

mfmp

Oct 27, 2021
Has anyone gotten their TRV approved from inside Canada and applied in 2021. If so, could you provide when you applied?

--------------------
Rant:
I understand there is a backlog of applications but Canada should really send some applications to their embassies around the world to speed up the process. It's ridiculous that TRVs are approved within 52 days if you applied from USA, but 175 days if you applied from Canada as of August 1 2021. What is the point of Canada opening the border in September if people with status in Canada can't freely travel to and from? Correction, you can leave Canada but not enter again?? What is that logic?

Also, I really do not understand why your TRV doesn't automatically get renewed when you extend your stay as a Student/Worker. eTAs to get automatically renewed so why can't TRVs? Furthermore when you initially apply for your Study Permit your TRV gets automatically issued so why can't this be the case again? In what scenario would someone meet all the requirements to be a student/worker but not meet the requirements for a TRV? None.
Hi, I applied March 30th and no response yet. Do you have any updates on yours? Have you submitted a new application?

RDNK

Oct 22, 2021

--------------------
Rant:

Yes... My husband is in Canada on workpermit.. he applied TRV on aug 29th and approved on Oct 4th 2021 - inside Canada.

Reactions: kobzar and mfmp

RDNK

Oct 22, 2021

--------------------
Rant:

And I completely understand your concern..

kobzar

Oct 28, 2021
I applied on sep 14th
no reply so far...

Does anyone know if submitting a webform can help speed up the process? Please feel free to mention if you received your visaand applied during this time as well...i'm losing hope

Last edited:

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi everyone :)

Has anyone here applied for a TRV after receiving their PGWP, and before starting to work? I have a question regarding the imm5257e form. I am currently in Canada and I am still looking for a job.

I was wondering what would be a correct answer for this question: "Name, address and relationship of any person/institution I will visit" Can I answer this question with my own name and home address since I don't have an employer yet?

Thank you in advance :)

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Hi everyone :)

Has anyone here applied for a TRV after receiving their PGWP, and before starting to work? I have a question regarding the imm5257e form. I am currently in Canada and I am still looking for a job.

I was wondering what would be a correct answer for this question: "Name, address and relationship of any person/institution I will visit" Can I answer this question with my own name and home address since I don't have an employer yet?

Thank you in advance :)
I would rather write "to be decided" but again that's me. There are several threads on the forum of this website regarding these form based questions. You could also refer to step by step guide for TRV post PGWP from several college/universities in Canada, for example - UBC, Dalhousie, Centennial College.

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
I would rather write "to be decided" but again that's me. There are several threads on the forum of this website regarding these form based questions. You could also refer to step by step guide for TRV post PGWP from several college/universities in Canada, for example - UBC, Dalhousie, Centennial College.
Thank you for the reply :)
I have checked many of the threads here as well as colleges/universities guides. Most people already had a job and put their employer's information. Universities/colleges' guides are also mostly for people applying for TRV while on study permit, and they suggest to put the college/university's information. I have not been able to find someone in my situation so far.

Last edited:

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Thank you for the reply :)
I have checked many of the threads here as well as colleges/universities guides. Most people already had a job and put their employer's information. Universities/colleges' guides are also mostly for people applying for TRV while on study permit, and they suggest to put the college/university's information. I have not been able to find someone in my situation so far.
My gf was in the same situation last year so she put in my name and address. She received TRV within a month. "Relationship" is not mandatory to put in so she left it blank. You may input your friend's or relative's name...

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
My gf was in the same situation last year so she put in my name and address. She received TRV within a month. "Relationship" is not mandatory to put in so she left it blank. You may input your friend's or relative's name...
Thanks again for your help! yeah, I have decided to put my own address, and write my husband's name. I really don't think that would be a big deal for the officer, since I am already inland, holding a 3 year work permit,

Reactions: hector10

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I received my PPR in less than 3 weeks.

Applied on Oct 28th - I am not sure if this helped but I raised webform for my TRV application explaining my urgent need to return to home country in February and the same day I received the passport request for stamping.