+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for wife

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband is in Canada p, he is a citizen and I’m in India, we are waiting for spousal sponsorship approval, it’s in process sponsor has received approval to sponsor and file is in process, it’s taking long. Is there a way we can apply for a work permit for me, I’m still in India? Please guide
You can certainly try but you'll need to find an employer willing to go hire you and they may need to pay for an LMIA. Unless you are in some very specialized industries it will take many months to see if you get approved for a WP.

modynripen

Mar 28, 2017
I am a PR, currently in India, and I've applied for my wife's visitor visa as I want her to travel with me. I've already submitted her application. I believe she will get the approval as she is currently graduating from New York and has been living in the US for past 5 years (but an Indian citizen). I've mentioned that she'll be there with me for few weeks and then has to travel back to NY to resume her studies. Also, I've given all the relevant proofs for the same. But, unfortunately, VFS visitor biometrics are currently closed in India.
Meanwhile, Should I also apply for travel authorization letter. If Yes, how to go for it ?

Appreciate your response and guidance here.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I am a PR, currently in India, and I've applied for my wife's visitor visa as I want her to travel with me. I've already submitted her application. I believe she will get the approval as she is currently graduating from New York and has been living in the US for past 5 years (but an Indian citizen). I've mentioned that she'll be there with me for few weeks and then has to travel back to NY to resume her studies. Also, I've given all the relevant proofs for the same. But, unfortunately, VFS visitor biometrics are currently closed in India.
Meanwhile, Should I also apply for travel authorization letter. If Yes, how to go for it ?

You dont need an authorization letter for your wife since you already have a PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The big issue will be her TRV. Missed that she was graduating. Unless she can prove ties to the US or India to prove she will only be visiting Canada and has a job in the US or India getting approved for a TRV may be very difficult.

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
Hi, Currently I'm residing in US and applying for SOWP while that's in process I have to travel back to India. If the SOWP is approved can I get the stamping (submitting the passport) in any VFS in India?

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
I have my PR application under process and I want to travel Canada on SOWP.
Could someone let me know how can I explain about our PR Process on our cover letter and statement of Purpose?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Currently I'm residing in US and applying for SOWP while that's in process I have to travel back to India. If the SOWP is approved can I get the stamping (submitting the passport) in any VFS in India?
Yes you can request stamping location changes. Wouldalso suggest updating your file via webform if you are relocating to India permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have my PR application under process and I want to travel Canada on SOWP.
Could someone let me know how can I explain about our PR Process on our cover letter and statement of Purpose?
In order to travel to Canada on your SOWP you will need special authorization or proof of a job.

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
Yes you can request stamping location changes. Wouldalso suggest updating your file via webform if you are relocating to India permanently.
What is the process to request stamping location change to India? And how long that takes?

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
I currently submitted my SOWP application and while I was waiting for it I would like to understand when is the right time to apply for eTA(Electronic Travel Authorization) to travel Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is the process to request stamping location change to India? And how long that takes?
Send in a webform. Impossible to say how long it will take. Unless you have a job or job offer you will need special authorization to travel to Canada.

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
Send in a webform. Impossible to say how long it will take. Unless you have a job or job offer you will need special authorization to travel to Canada.
I meant when is the right time to apply for special authorization to travel and how to apply for it to travel on SOWP without job offer