+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for wife

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
Hi,

I need to apply for TRV extension on my husband work permit which is valid until Nov'21. I've my biometrics ready while I apply for TRV extension. Please let me know the processing time from India to get the TRV extension approval and stamping from India??

Thanks,
Divya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I need to apply for TRV extension on my husband work permit which is valid until Nov'21. I've my biometrics ready while I apply for TRV extension. Please let me know the processing time from India to get the TRV extension approval and stamping from India??

Thanks,
Divya
You should be applying for an OWP if you'd like to joining your husband in Canada. Does he have a job in NOC 0, A or B?

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
6-8 weeks plus you need written authorization to travel if your spouse is in Canada.
Thank you for your response!! Can you also please shed some light on what the "written authorization" is for travel and the timelines to receive it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response!! Can you also please shed some light on what the "written authorization" is for travel and the timelines to receive it?
If you aren’t travelling with your spouse, you need written authorization to travel and show your travel is essential. However, if you have a job offer you are fine. Just because you get an approved OWP, your authorization may still be refused.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
I don't have to submit my bio metrics as I have done it earlier. Do I have to submit my medicals for SOWP though I have already done this as part of PR processing?