+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Hi Bryanna, Thanks for your all help. Please let me know if I need to validate IMM5257 & IMM5257b_1 both?
Also, I had applied under FSW program 8-10 years back, had received request from CIC to submit my documents & Police Clearance certificate But then later on they sent me a letter stating that we are terminating your application as it is affected by Law of operation since we are terminating files submitted before February 2008 and the result on which is awaited. I had received one file no. that time which BXXXXXXXXX but I never received UCI no. So what should I mention in UCI or I leave it blank?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please let me know if I need to validate IMM5257 & IMM5257b_1 both?
You need to validate IMM 5257.

You must submit an application package as per your passport. Don't submit any random forms. You can get it here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Also, I had applied under FSW program 8-10 years back, had received request from CIC to submit my documents & Police Clearance certificate But then later on they sent me a letter stating that we are terminating your application as it is affected by Law of operation since we are terminating files submitted before February 2008 and the result on which is awaited. I had received one file no. that time which BXXXXXXXXX but I never received UCI no. So what should I mention in UCI or I leave it blank?
You can leave the UCI field as blank.

But, you must answer 'Yes' and give the details to the question in the Background Information section i.e. Have you previously applied to enter Canada?

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

I submitted my application on 24th may.

Since then the message is below. Can you please advise.

"Review of eligibility- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

I submitted my application on 24th may.

Since then the message is below. Can you please advise.

"Review of eligibility- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Hopefully, you will get a decision in 1-2 weeks

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Truly fantastic. It was a challenging case. Congrats :)
Thanks so much. I m just worried about the immigration officer at airport. Would they question me about pR application not filed yet? I didn’t do bcos my husband didn’t had a regular job so we were really apprehensive but dunno how they will look at it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks so much. I m just worried about the immigration officer at airport. Would they question me about pR application not filed yet? I didn’t do bcos my husband didn’t had a regular job so we were really apprehensive but dunno how they will look at it.
You'll be arriving as a visitor. Do bring evidence of your ties to your country of residence (just like you submitted in your application). Don't volunteer information. And, don't mention about a PR application

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
You'll be arriving as a visitor. Do bring evidence of your ties to your country of residence (just like you submitted in your application). Don't volunteer information. And, don't mention about a PR application
Ok. I will not volunteer but if they ask about it ?

suheil88

Oct 9, 2018
It is quite challenging to get a TRV if the applicant has a Canadian spouse.

IMO, your husband must start the spousal PR process instead. Don't apply for a TRV until your PR file is transferred to your visa office
Hi Bryanna,
I know this is a little old post. But I am also in a similar situation. I am a PR holder and moved to Canada 6 months back. I am getting married in December. I plan to sponsor my wife's PR immediately post my marriage. But since it takes time to get processed, i was suggested by few to sponsor TRV post filing the PR application. As suggested by you above, what are the chances of this getting through. Any other suggestions to expedite my wife's arrival is also most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sep 19, 2020
It is quite challenging to get a TRV if the applicant has a Canadian spouse.

IMO, your husband must start the spousal PR process instead. Don't apply for a TRV until your PR file is transferred to your visa office
I am in the same situation. I am Canadian PR but not living in Canada. I am employed in India , so does my wife. Does that help her getting tourist visa? She has lot of documents showing obligations in India.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth