+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
I have 54 leave balances so I will need only 15 leaves which is reasonable to visit canada for completing post wedding rituals and meeting my unwell mother in law for the first time atleast.

vehicle ownership I have I can add the Registration certificate copy which has my name on it.
No loan.

My all Id proofs have the same address as my parents can add a letter from my father that she lives in my house and will visit only and come back.

It is our own house so no rent, I only contribute by giving a part of my income to my parents.

My dad's letter can say that too that I provide 50% month financial support to family.

My appraisal & promotion is due this May end. Can I mention this?

Loss- Like I said I will complete 4 years in June 2018. In case I leave before 4.10 years of completion of service in my company I will not be eligible for Gratuity benefit & our company's internal award policy.

No work related travel to any country.

Day to day itinerary I prepared- I will add estimated expenses also. .
my financial documents are bank statement, investments in form of Insurances plus my Govt fund account balance statement.

japan visit will be from August 11- 15, 2018. It is personal visit- I need visa . I have applied for Japan visa to VFS already because then I had to submit my passport for Canada visa which takes 30-35 days time. So I applied Japan first- I will hopefully get that by Tuesday.

Ticket I have blocked itinerary. Hotel I have booked online buy with pay at hotel facility.

No wedding in family- only a cousin wedding in Nov/Dec but nothing fixed yet.
I am not enrolled for any part-time study program?
I am not volunteer for any social or charity causes?
I only handle my mother;s bank account. and nothing legal/business/government reasons.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have 54 leave balances so I will need only 15 leaves which is reasonable to visit canada for completing post wedding rituals and meeting my unwell mother in law for the first time atleast.
IMHO, your TRV application is quite weak for many reasons:
1. Canadian spouse

2. You are unable to prove your parents are dependent on you financially or otherwise. Assuming you could prove your parents' financial dependence on you, your family ties to your husband and in-laws will be stronger now that you're married.

3. The visa officer would also assume you want to circumvent spouse PR processing time by applying via the inland route when you arrive.

4. You don't own property or other assets. Financial assets can always be liquidated = They are not concrete (literally) assets that would compel your return home.

5. You don't have a history of returning home after short visits to visa-required countries

IMHO again, it's going to be very challenging to get a TRV approval. I would recommend:
1. Like I mentioned earlier, your husband must file for spousal PR (if he's not getting welfare benefits). You can apply after sponsor approval/your file is transferred to your local visa office. This would delay your TRV application by about 1-1.5 months after he applies.

2. If you want to take risks and apply now then, I strongly recommend you take the time to prepare your paperwork well. Do not rush nor give in to pressure.

If you apply for a TRV under your present circumstances/without applying for PR first:
I have 54 leave balances so I will need only 15 leaves which is reasonable to visit canada for completing post wedding rituals
To a visa officer, it does not matter that you are taking only two weeks' holiday instead of nearly two months'.

If there are post-wedding rituals that must be completed in your marital home then do include evidence of this + explanations (how it is important in your culture to do these rituals).

meeting my unwell mother in law for the first time atleast.
You must be careful how you write this reason. It should not seem like you want to visit to take care of your mom-in-law = Working illegally on a TRV.

Hopefully, your mom-in-law has other family members/a caregiver to take care of her + if possible include a letter/card from your mom-in-law that would state she is looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you into the family, etc.

vehicle ownership I have I can add the Registration certificate copy which has my name on it.
Okay.

My all Id proofs have the same address as my parents can add a letter from my father that she lives in my house and will visit only and come back.
Letters from your dad will not work. Only actual evidence works.

It is our own house so no rent, I only contribute by giving a part of my income to my parents.
If you give them cash, this won't work for a TRV.

If you have been transferring money to your parents' bank accounts then that would be perfect.

My dad's letter can say that too that I provide 50% month financial support to family.
Again, a letter from your dad will not work. You must include evidence to prove your parents are financially dependent on you even though your brother and his wife live with your parents.

The visa officer may not be convinced that your brother/his wife do not contribute towards the home expenses.

My appraisal & promotion is due this May end. Can I mention this?
Yes, you can mention + include this point in the leave approval letter issued by your employer.

Loss- Like I said I will complete 4 years in June 2018. In case I leave before 4.10 years of completion of service in my company I will not be eligible for Gratuity benefit & our company's internal award policy.
Include a separate letter issued from HR that would state your gratuity benefits + the internal award policy.... both in monetary terms + include any company-issued written policies for gratuity and the internal award

Day to day itinerary I prepared- I will add estimated expenses also. .
Include the post-wedding rituals on some days of your visit in addition to sightseeing and other activities.

my financial documents are bank statement, investments in form of Insurances plus my Govt fund account balance statement.
Any stocks/shares, pension funds, mutual funds, insurance/premiums paid for insurance coverage, etc?

Do you have credit cards? If yes, do include 2-3 months' statements if the dues are low + mention you will bring the cards for your visit?

japan visit will be from August 11- 15, 2018. It is personal visit- I need visa . I have applied for Japan visa to VFS already because then I had to submit my passport for Canada visa which takes 30-35 days time. So I applied Japan first- I will hopefully get that by Tuesday.
Do not apply for your TRV before you are approved for the Japan visa.

You must scan the Japan visa and include it in the cover letter.

Ticket I have blocked itinerary. Hotel I have booked online buy with pay at hotel facility.
If possible book refundable tickets for your Japan visit and include it + evidence for your purpose of visit to Japan (in addition to the hotel reservations) it is necessary for you to visit Japan (hopefully, you're not visiting for sightseeing).

Some other suggestions:
1. Can your husband consider visiting Japan with you? Can he include proofs of plane tickets (you can pay for it)? This would make your application somewhat stronger.

2. You can include a 2-3 line explanation to say you do not want to apply for your PR until the end of the year (??) because you do not want to lose out on the gratuity/ internal award/ certificate of long-term employment. Hence, you will return to your home country after a short visit. You'll need to be very careful how you word this.

3. Do include a cover letter that would have separate sections (all facts in point form, no long sentences or explanations): Purpose of your visit + Strong ties to your home country (your employment, your parents depend on you financially, your financial investments) + Previous travel history (Singapore and Indonesia.... visa details/entry exit dates/purpose of the visits.... although these visits don't count) + Why you must return to your country by a specific date (this is the most important section: So you don't lose your gratuity/ internal award, etc + Japan visit, etc)

Give cross-references to your evidence and explanations in the cover letter. Do remember it is evidence that works, not letters from your dad/anyone else

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On a separate note if your husband is not making any money and has very little savings I'd suggest he consider switching jobs to show a stable source of income. Although there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship you do need to show you can support yourselves so even working at minimum wage and showing you can stay with his parents would be better than no income and no savings.

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Hi Bryanna, could you please let me know your contact details- my husband is in Toronto and he would like to get in touch with u.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Bryanna, could you please let me know your contact details- my husband is in Toronto and he would like to get in touch with u.
You do realize she is just a private citizen helping people out on a forum? Not sure that's really an appropriate request but I'll let her answer herself.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You do realize she is just a private citizen helping people out on a forum? Not sure that's really an appropriate request but I'll let her answer herself.
I fully agree with you, canuck78. I'm happy to remain anonymous while helping people :)

@Pink1202 :
If you have something that's too personal/critical to post on the open forum, you can send a private message to me and also to other members. We'll certainly try to help you. Otherwise, please post your queries in this thread.

BTW as much as I would like to help everyone, I haven't been able to reply to most of the private messages that I get

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Ok. I didn’t realise she is a private citizen. As I m in the process of making my applicable I thought if she is professional and we can contact her for further consultation. Also I m new on this forum. So had no idea.
Thank you for letting me know.

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
Hi, me and my husband knew each other from past 5 years but Got married this year. So while applying TRV am I supposed to submit imm5409 (common law declaration) . If yes then how can I get it signed by my husband in signature column.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, me and my husband knew each other from past 5 years but Got married this year. So while applying TRV am I supposed to submit imm5409 (common law declaration) . If yes then how can I get it signed by my husband in signature column.
If you *knew* your husband but you did not *live with him for twelve continuous months* then it is not common-law

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
If you *knew* your husband but you did not *live with him for twelve continuous months* then it is not common-law
We were in continuous
Ok, to elaborate more we met online and were in continuous communication and close relationship through BBM, WhatsApp, face time, skype, emails etc.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We were in continuous

Ok, to elaborate more we met online and were in continuous communication and close relationship through BBM, WhatsApp, face time, skype, emails etc.
No, these interactions don't establish a common-law relationship. For common-law, it is necessary to live together/cohabit under the same roof, in a committed relationship, for at least 12 continuous months

Pink1202

May 10, 2018
No, these interactions don't establish a common-law relationship. For common-law, it is necessary to live together/cohabit under the same roof, in a committed relationship, for at least 12 continuous months
Thanks very much Bryanna