+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse applicants pls join this thread and share your time lines -2013

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yellap can u plz tell me which paper u attched with application ....

I am going to apply visitor visa for my wife too..
She is studying ...she has one year left to complete her degree ....this is good reason as she has to go back india to complete her 1 year degree...

I am in canafa on open work permit ...

I went india last year
...in dec I got married...

Should I also sumit some paper as a proof of relationship..like wedding snap. Phone bill.emails ?

Plz guide me Omni

userA

May 26, 2013
Hi Omni,

Congrats on getting a visa for your wife. Can you please tell me what documents you added with the application? And when you say Affidavit from your parents and wife was it a notarized one? Can you share sample of the affidavit?

I am also in the same situation, I am on a work permit in Canada and recently went back to India and got married.

Thanks Man!

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Documents attached:
1) copy of my open work permit
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
9) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
10) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
11) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
12) her NADRA ID card's copy with certified English translation
13) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
14) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
15) copy of our joint bank account
16) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
I'm Divya from India (Chennai). I am a prospective graduate student of U of S (Saskatchewan). I will be leaving to Canada for this Fall intake. It would be nice if you can clear some of my queries related to TRV/OWP for my spouse.

I'm married since Jan 13' and I am planning to have my husband invited over to Canada once I land up. How long / what is the ideal wiat time once should give in order to apply for a pouse TRV?! Can it be done immediately or should I wait for 6 months? My consultant told me that I should complete my First semester and only then apply for TRV with OWP for my husband. Is it true?

In case yes, what docs should I submit?Especially being a student, will I be expected to show any money in my account? Or my husband should show any stipulated figure in his account? Please help.. Your help will be guiding us a lot and prevent us from walking a misled path by our consultant..

I look froward to your reply... thanks in advance!

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DIVYAZABI said:
I'm Divya from India (Chennai). I am a prospective graduate student of U of S (Saskatchewan). I will be leaving to Canada for this Fall intake. It would be nice if you can clear some of my queries related to TRV/OWP for my spouse.

I'm married since Jan 13' and I am planning to have my husband invited over to Canada once I land up. How long / what is the ideal wiat time once should give in order to apply for a pouse TRV?! Can it be done immediately or should I wait for 6 months? My consultant told me that I should complete my First semester and only then apply for TRV with OWP for my husband. Is it true?

In case yes, what docs should I submit?Especially being a student, will I be expected to show any money in my account? Or my husband should show any stipulated figure in his account? Please help.. Your help will be guiding us a lot and prevent us from walking a misled path by our consultant..

I look froward to your reply... thanks in advance!

it doesn't mater that u will apply visitor visa for ur husband now or later ..rather its depends on that how u can convince immigration officer that u and ur husband leave Canada within visa time frame..
officer will consider mainly three things

purpose of visit
home tie ( as need strong tie with home country)
finance support

i already mentioned all document in my above post
as i know some student applied visitor visa for their spouse they showed minimum amount $10,000 sponsor
5-8 lakh visitor account ..some of them got visa ..one more thing as student dont have source of earning ..in such a case they can attached parents affidavit under taking finance support ..

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
I applied for my Spouse for TRV on June 20, VFS Dhaka.

On July 11, they emailed me that "Process VISA application is ready for collection".

Does it mean rejection or medical call?

She still haven't got any medical request.

Thanks.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hi aalm
how many days did exactly take, I mean working days. i believe it is a good news. normally if it takes 13 days or above, from my exp.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Thanks Omni.
She applied on June 20 and we got the e-mail on July 11 i.e. 21 days in total.
She applied for Multiple Entry TRV till my study permit. So its a 1 year VISA.
I am confused and worried that they didn't send any e-mail for medical.

Let me know how medical instructions come for TRV Spouse applicants? Through e-mail or hard copy?

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hey np :)
the medical requests, if ther's any, will come with a letter with passports and instructions . best of luck.

Colt

Jul 14, 2013
Hi new Lang po ako dito...I'm also spousal OWP,TRV requst. i submit already my application at Vfsglobal at Eco plaza last July 3.. Ask ko Lang po if anyone here who also has same application like mine..actually my wife is in skilled worker already..how long to wait for the response coming from embassy? Pls reply if someone know about processing time...god bless.. :)

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Hi guys,

I am not understanding the TVR right now, I do have couple of questions regarding this process.

1. would I be able to submit an application online on behalf of my wife ?

2. if I already have a Sponsorship application in process would TVR effect it in any way ?

3. since I submitted all documents for the sponsorship application, would I be required to re submit all documents for TVR as well
i.e Pictures, Police report, Medical Exam

thanks,

gwendeerich

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
Visa Office......
Visa Application Centre, Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
SOWP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Feb-2013
Passport Req..
Sept. 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 23, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 26, 2013
filipina311 said:
hi. Im from the philippines, i applied for a tourist visa to be with my hubby in Canada 3 weeks ago. I got my visa yesterday already! I think it was with CIC for 4 days already.

Im glad we got the visa, as they say, it is very rare that spouses get approved for TRV.

Hay!, salamat naman po at may nakita akong forum na ganito, gusto ko lang po sana magpatulong kasi balak ko rin pumunta ng Canada to visit my husband, actually pwede ako sa SOWP kaso medyo matagal kasi ang processing time ng open work permit ngayon so naghahanp ako ng other option, ito na nga pano kaya kung mag tourist visa nalang ako, sana po matulungan nyo ako sa mga requirements na pinasala ninyo and congrats po sa visa ninyo!. Salamat in advance

gwendeerich

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
Visa Office......
Visa Application Centre, Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
SOWP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Feb-2013
Passport Req..
Sept. 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 23, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 26, 2013
Re: Received Visa

OMNI said:
Hello,

I am updating my status as my wife received her VISA

Visa Applied :15-03-2013
Medicals Request : 19-03-2013
Medicals Done : 24-03-13
VIsa Received :13-04-13 :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
hi po, I'm hoping na sana matulungan nyo rin ako sa kung ano-ano ba ang mga rerquirements ng TRV gusto ko rin kasi bisitahin ang asawa ko sa Canada. Salamat