+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

taranvsi

Sep 20, 2018
We shared my status docs in canada, my salary slips and bank certificate as i mentioned i will support my wife during her visit. For my wife - her employment docs (offer letter, salary slips, tax docs), marriage certificate, her savings account. That was most of it.

I would say write a really strong invitation letter giving a really good reason to invite your spouse, for example - wedding anniversary, or a birthday (provide bookings for some small party or travel plans if possible, although we didn't provide anything) etc. Also request that you will visit for a short time period of vacation - 2 or 3 weeks max). This would make a really good case considering all other supporting docs are fine.
Hi Param, was this a paper application or on the online new visitor visa portal? I see paper applications getting processed very fast. Is that the case anyone noticed?

Sir123

Sep 12, 2023
Our TRV got refused. One sentence: the purpose of your stay in Canada is not consistent with the details you provided in your application.

We received the refusal 3 months later after applying in June, hoping that minister Fraser's announcement was True.

We've emailed our MP, submitted a webform and email to the embassy, although I'm not really convinced this will lead to any change of outcome.

We have the spousal sponsorship AOR, and mentioned it in the invitation letter.

It could have been refused because the dates we selected in our TRV application were already passed when the decision was made? We are really unsure of what happened. My wife has an excellent candidacy with much travel history.

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Our TRV got refused. One sentence: the purpose of your stay in Canada is not consistent with the details you provided in your application.

We received the refusal 3 months later after applying in June, hoping that minister Fraser's announcement was True.

We've emailed our MP, submitted a webform and email to the embassy, although I'm not really convinced this will lead to any change of outcome.

It could have been refused because the dates we selected in our TRV application were already passed when the decision was made? We are really unsure of what happened. My wife has an excellent candidacy with much travel history.
Samething happened with me. I raised web form as well. Let see.

jenny27

Sep 14, 2023

Hi,
Can you please let me know if you’re eligibility got completed recently or few months ago, and you still got refused recently.
Thank you

Sddiin

Sep 11, 2023
My wife applied on May,30,2023 for a TRV and still no response, we have an ongoing Spousal Sponsorship where we received: AOR,Sponsor approval,CSQ, she did her medical & biometrics.

Considering how long it's taking, is it likely my wife's TRV will be accepted?
I'm still waiting.....

Sep 11, 2023
Hello I've submitted my TRV on Aug 11th and u just got my BGC in progress 2 days ago. Btw I did my bio and medical just before applying for TRV. Any advices?

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Eligibility is still "not started"
I'm really sorry for your TRV, especially waiting for 3 months..
What's the status of your sponsorship?
How long ago did you apply?
This is so irritating, considering that the only request to qualify for the spousal policy was an ongoing spousal sponsorship, promising to be processed in 30 days... and they are not following their own rules...

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
I'm really sorry for your TRV, especially waiting for 3 months..
What's the status of your sponsorship?
How long ago did you apply?
This is so irritating, considering that the only request to qualify for the spousal policy was an ongoing spousal sponsorship, promising to be processed in 30 days... and they are not following their own rules...
This is the problem. I didn’t hear anyone who got TRV in 30 days under new policy. My 6 friends are waiting from 3 months as well. Mine got reject

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I have seen few applicants during July 2023 getting their visas in about 3 weeks, so the first impression was positive and hopeful for people that are living separated couse of their outland sponsorships...
But what I am reading here in this forum recently, is very disappointing and honestly I am confused about the standards that ircc is using to process applications..

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Red flags in PR application may very well be reasons of trv refusals.
@Sir123 , what is your PR timeline? Any weak points like second and/or recent marriage? Any concerns for your SA?
@HARPREETK16 , same for you. I see you applied right after AOR before getting SA or waiting for other steps. I believe that in one of your posts you said that you have already sponsored someone but divorced. This might be a concern for IRCC that will trigger more scrutiny. So applying right after AOR might have contributed for your refusals. This is just my opinion.

I would not recommend to apply right after AOR especially if you have anything that might potentially require more analysis on the part of IRCC. If you have a strong PR case like 10 years of marriage, super strong ties to home country, 3 kids etc... then probably it`s not a problem. Again, this is just IMO.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
This is the problem. I didn’t hear anyone who got TRV in 30 days under new policy. My 6 friends are waiting from 3 months as well. Mine got reject
Many have reported here that they were processed very quickly.
In my case, dependent TRV was processed in 10 days while normal processing times for TRV from our country was 360+ days.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I would not recommend to apply right after AOR especially if you have anything that might potentially require more analysis on the part of IRCC. If you have a strong PR case like 10 years of marriage, super strong ties to home country, 3 kids etc... then probably it`s not a problem. Again, this is just IMO.
I do not know answer to this and entirely speculation on my part. But here goes: I think it's worth considering whether amongst the red flags - or if not red flags, then 'things that might result in no TRV' - whether arranged marriages are more likely or highly likely to get refused.

This should be obvious but the potential for immigration fraud is higher for these and TRVs being granted early in process would - or at least some would argue - 'open the gates' for it in particular for arranged marriages (or at least some subset of arranged marriages).