+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for single parent

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am planning to apply TRV for my mom to visit us for a couple of months. She has been a homemaker all her life and was dependent on my father. Since my father passed away 10 years ago, I have been supporting her financially.

My wife and I recently moved to Canada from the United States. My mother had visited us thrice when in the US for short 3 month visits and holds a valid B1/B2 visa. My sister is married and lives in India. My mother's other siblings and cousins also live in India in the same city. My mother is a co-borrower on our residence in India and manages all affairs related to it. Since she is dependent on me for her finance, her bank account does not look too pretty.

Having said that, I am planning to sponsor her finances for the visit and will provide all of the above points as evidence of ties to India. Especially, the travel history which shows that she returned to India every single time after her visit to the USA and also the Loan account statement documenting her as the co-borrower of our residence where she lives today.

The purpose of her visit is very straight forward - Visit me and my wife for a short duration of 2 months(follow the same routine as USA) to spend time with us, do some tourism, and then return to India.

Could you please let me know if this documentation and purpose of visit is good enough for a TRV? Thanks.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>>I am planning to sponsor her finances for the visit
You cannot sponsor your mothers visit for TRV. She need to have sufficient money in her account to cover her visit to Canada. Stating that you will finance her trip will increase visa officers concern that your Mother is dependent on you and this weakens her ties to home country.

I had bit similar case to yours; my single mothers lived in India, and me and my brother are the only siblings, both living in Canada with my mother having no past international travel. She receive good pension so is financially independent but apart from farm land, she had not much ties to India.

I specifically highlighted her ties to India and specifically stated twice that she will return to India as per visa regulations; and she got her TRV approved in first go.

Reactions: chitre.raunak

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
>>I am planning to sponsor her finances for the visit
You cannot sponsor your mothers visit for TRV. She need to have sufficient money in her account to cover her visit to Canada. Stating that you will finance her trip will increase visa officers concern that your Mother is dependent on you and this weakens her ties to home country.

I had bit similar case to yours; my single mothers lived in India, and me and my brother are the only siblings, both living in Canada with my mother having no past international travel. She receive good pension so is financially independent but apart from farm land, she had not much ties to India.

I specifically highlighted her ties to India and specifically stated twice that she will return to India as per visa regulations; and she got her TRV approved in first go.
Thank you. I appreciate sharing your case with me. Unfortunately, her financial status, as I mentioned is not pretty as I have been supporting her financially. She does have a locked in FD, a bank account, credit card and lives at our residence under a loan account wherein she is a co-borrower and takes care of all affairs related to our property. I can furnish relevant documents and use these to show her financial ties. I can always support her trip financially like I had done her USA trips.

Another aspect is her travel history. She has a valid B1/B2 visa with multiple 3 month visits to USA and back. I am hoping that these should play in favor of her getting the visa.

Also, all of my relatives, my maternal grandmother, my sister and her daughter and my mom's siblings live in the same city with frequent social gatherings.

@myra20sharma / @Bryanna - Since both of you have been helping out this community since a long time, I would appreciate if you can comment on my situation as well.

Thanks and appreciate all of the assistance.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Having a US visa and a travel history makes the travel history aspect strong, if the purpose of travel is weak.
She would still need to show enough home ties.

Reactions: chitre.raunak

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Having a US visa and a travel history makes the travel history aspect strong, if the purpose of travel is weak.
She would still need to show enough home ties.
Thanks for looking into this @myra20sharma . I am planning to show her locked in fixed deposit, bank statements, credit card statements and most importantly the Active Loan account statement wherein she is a Co-Borrower along with me. She lives at the same property which is under loan. Also, our entire family resides in Mumbai except me.

These factors combined with her travel history which shows that she returned to Mumbai after each of her previous visits to the USA should be good enough in my opinion. Thoughts?