+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for parents - retired/property under grandfather name

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hey guys, please help me with couple of things

I am PR resident here, and I will be applying for parents TRV. There are couple of things I need help with

My father is retired, my mother is home maker. I have two younger sisters, not married. One in university and one doing job and living with us. My father has retirement account through which he gets monthly payment. He needs to visit at regular intervals to collect profit.

He has around 25000CAD in account right now

He lives with his elder brother and elder two sisters, and he is main care taker for the whole family (doctors appointments, university conveyance, any major minor issue which needs resolving at home etc)

They live in house which in under my paternal grandfather's name. But it is divided in three levels and each family pays their own utility bills.

1). Are these good ties to my home country?

2). As the property is not under my father's name, how can he improve this aspect of application?

3). My father has saving certificates as well, should he show those as well to strengthen the application?

4). During my parents visit, my sister will take fifteen days leave to help my uncle and aunts but she can't take leave for more than that due to office commitments.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My father is retired, my mother is home maker. I have two younger sisters, not married. One in university and one doing job and living with us. My father has retirement account through which he gets monthly payment. He needs to visit at regular intervals to collect profit.
Is that a pension account?
Does he need to return to renew the pension?

He lives with his elder brother and elder two sisters, and he is main care taker for the whole family (doctors appointments, university conveyance, any major minor issue which needs resolving at home etc)
Are his sisters and brother employed? Are the dependent on him financially?

They live in house which in under my paternal grandfather's name. But it is divided in three levels and each family pays their own utility bills.
1. As the property is owned by your paternal grandfather, it does not help because it is not owned by your dad or his siblings.

3). My father has saving certificates as well, should he show those as well to strengthen the application?
Yes, these savings certificates can be included.

4). During my parents visit, my sister will take fifteen days leave to help my uncle and aunts but she can't take leave for more than that due to office commitments.
This point is not clear. How are the siblings of your dad dependent on him? And, what evidence can be provided for this? It does seem that each sibling is financially independent

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Is that a pension account?
Does he need to return to renew the pension?

He doesn't have pension, because he was semi government sector employee. But he has different value of saving certificates, the details of which are as follows:
Initially, BSC was meant for widows only; however, it was decided later by the Government to extend the facility to senior citizen aged 60 years and above with effect from January 1, 2004.
Profit is paid on monthly basis started from the date of purchase of the certificates.
Withholding tax is not collected on the profit earned on BSCs
Maturity in ten years

Are his sisters and brother employed? Are the dependent on him financially?
Both the sisters are retired aged 70, 72. Brother, aged 78. All earn pension, but dependent on him for conveyance. He accompanies them during doctor visits, and any other visit they need to make

As the property is owned by your paternal grandfather, it does not help because it is not owned by your dad or his siblings.

Will it be helpful if my dad shows he is the main maintainer of the property and helps in maintenance of the property?

The property has two floors. Ground floor is dedicated for sisters, first for my dad, mom and two younger siblings and second for dad's brother. Each floor has separate utility bills. Will this be helpful?

Yes, these savings certificates can be included.

This point is not clear. How are the siblings of your dad dependent on him? And, what evidence can be provided for this? It does seem that each sibling is financially independent.
How can we show that my uncle and aunts are physically dependent oh him for support?

I also have two younger siblings, one is working another is in third year of university. Both of my siblings are also dependent upon mom and dad.

Should I just include my siblings details or should I include both my siblings and my father's siblings details in TRV?

Thanks for your help

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
My dad also told me he has savings account whose details are as follows

Pensioners’ Benefit Account (PBA) with a maturity period of 10 years on January 19, 2003. The deposits are maintained in the form of accounts and the profit is paid on monthly basis started from the date of opening of the account/ deposit.

The pensioners of Federal Government, Provincial Governments, Semi-Government and Autonomous bodies and in case of the death of a pensioner their eligible family member can invest in PBA

The deposits can be withdrawn any time after the date of deposit subject to deduction of service charges. If the deposit withdrawn before completion of 1,2, 3 and 4 years from the date of deposit then 1%, 0.75%, 0.5%, and 0.5% respectively of the principal amount will be deducted.

I hope this helps and explains the accounts my dad has