+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Parents of a Canadian Permanent Resident

sailorshinde

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
I applied for TRV for my parents and showed a good amount of savings and salary. Showed documents of their savings and their property in India as well. I am a Permanent Resident with permanent employment and I have also purchased a house in Canada.

How long should it take for them to receive their Visa's? The processing time on the CIC website shows 24 days but I hear everyone gets it within a week or two. Does anyone have a ballpark so I can start booking tickets for them and arranging my schedule around taking them around?

PR_CANADA_IT

Jun 7, 2018
I applied for TRV for my parents and showed a good amount of savings and salary. Showed documents of their savings and their property in India as well. I am a Permanent Resident with permanent employment and I have also purchased a house in Canada.

How long should it take for them to receive their Visa's? The processing time on the CIC website shows 24 days but I hear everyone gets it within a week or two. Does anyone have a ballpark so I can start booking tickets for them and arranging my schedule around taking them around?
Do they ever visited Canada? do they have valid visa of US or other countries?
Answers to these question decide your application timings, but typically its 24 business days.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013

I did my parents TRV 3 years ago and I was in same situation as yours. Got it approved in less than 2 weeks and in hand you say on 15-16th day.
BTW, mine was from chandigarh, india VFS office.
good luck.!

sailorshinde

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Do NOT book tickets + don't make any plans until their TRVs are issued/stamped in their passports
I am not doing that till we get the request for the passport for them. I am just wondering how long it will take so that I can decide which part of the month I need to be looking at getting them here.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I am not doing that till we get the request for the passport for them. I am just wondering how long it will take so that I can decide which part of the month I need to be looking at getting them here.
Even after you get passport request you never know how long it will take to get passport back... it my be back in a week or in a month....

Best advice...book tickets when you have the passports in your hands....

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi guys,

For applying TRV for parents, do we need to upload scan copy of PR Card/COPR?

Or just mentioning the passport number and the fact that I am a Permanent Resident of Canada in the INVITATION LETTER suffices the purpose?

Regards,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys,

For applying TRV for parents, do we need to upload scan copy of PR Card/COPR?

Or just mentioning the passport number and the fact that I am a Permanent Resident of Canada in the INVITATION LETTER suffices the purpose?

Regards,
Your documents must include a scan of your PR card + copy of your passport + other documents.

Write your PR card number in the invitation letter

Reactions: somak2001

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Your documents must include a scan of your PR card + copy of your passport + other documents.

Ok.. Actually nowhere did it ask for MY documents except Bank papers, as a proof financial support.. :( It only asked for my mom-in-laws details. Thus missed uploading my COPR and passport. :mad:

What can I do now? :)

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13

Sir please reply to conversation I send

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Ok.. Actually nowhere did it ask for MY documents except Bank papers, as a proof financial support.. :( It only asked for my mom-in-laws details. Thus missed uploading my COPR and passport. :mad:

What can I do now? :)
If you're lucky enough, the visa officer will be patient enough to look up your records. Anyway, it's a minor detail IMO.

Reactions: somak2001