+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for non working parents

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I and my husband are PR in Canada and both have jobs.
I want to invite my parents to visit us in April 2020. I started to look for my documentation required and feel that their application might not be very strong.
- My parents are Indians, but live in Thailand
- Both do cash jobs. So no salary proof.
- My father has a property on his name in India. (No property on my mother's name)
Have a CA evaluation for that
- They live in a rented accommodation in Thailand (have a yearly contract)
- They have sufficient funds to show in the bank. (25000 CAD)
- My grandmother is dependent on them and lives in the same house. She needs a monthly visit to the doctor. I have a doctor’s note stating that.
- They have not traveled to UK, US, Aus, NZ.

Will their application be strong enough for TRV?
They will be applying the TRV from Thailand via paper based.

any comments/ suggestions/ feedback welcomed.

thank you.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi, I and my husband are PR in Canada and both have jobs.
I want to invite my parents to visit us in April 2020. I started to look for my documentation required and feel that their application might not be very strong.
- My parents are Indians, but live in Thailand
- Both do cash jobs. So no salary proof.
- My father has a property on his name in India. (No property on my mother's name)
Have a CA evaluation for that
- They live in a rented accommodation in Thailand (have a yearly contract)
- They have sufficient funds to show in the bank. (25000 CAD)
- My grandmother is dependent on them and lives in the same house. She needs a monthly visit to the doctor. I have a doctor’s note stating that.
- They have not traveled to UK, US, Aus, NZ.

They will be applying the TRV from Thailand via paper based.

any comments/ suggestions/ feedback welcomed.

thank you.
@canuck78 's point of view was already spot on.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-trv-really-need-help.648176/

The fact that they don't live and work from their home country (India) weakens their ties. This is the same problem most Indian's working in U.A.E face which leads to rejection.

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Their visa got approved! I am really happy.
Thought I’d just mention it here so it motivates other people who feel their applications aren’t strong enough.

Id be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the documents I had submitted.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Their visa got approved! I am really happy.
Thought I’d just mention it here so it motivates other people who feel their applications aren’t strong enough.

Id be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the documents I had submitted.
That is fantastic! What documents did you submit? My parents got denied. they have no travel history from China. perhaps you can give me an idea of what you submitted as we plan on re-applying! TIA