+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents TRV (really need help!)

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I and my husband are PR in Canada and both have my jobs.
I want to invite my parents to visit us in April 2020. I started to look for my documentation required and feel that their application might not be very strong.
- My parents are Indians, but live in Thailand
- Both do cash jobs
- My father has a property on his name in India. (No property on my mother's name)
- They live in a rented accommodation in Thailand (have an agreement)
- They have sufficient funds to show in the bank
- My grandmother is dependent on them and lives in the same house
- They have not traveled to UK, US, Aus, NZ. (My mother has visited Dubai)

Questions:
- Is their application strong enough for visa
- Is there anything we can do to improve their application (as they have time until April 2020)
- Can they show proof of cash employment (bank statements, quotes shared with clients etc. ?!?) Will this count? Or I should mark them as unemployed in the application form?
- Is it better to apply for visa from India or Thailand. (the property my dad owns is in India)
- I will be visiting them in November and thinking of applying their visa then. Is it too early?

Thank you for your answers and help in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TRV will be dependent on your parents ties to their home country. First issue is they live in another country. No they should not lie and say they are unemployed. Lying will end up with them getting a ban. They don’t have good international travel history. Hard to comment without knowing how much liquid cash savings they have. Their only strong tie would be your grandmother in Thailand.

Would consider a supervisa.

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Is supervisa easier to get? I read the requirements are same as that for TRV.

TRV will be dependent on your parents ties to their home country. First issue is they live in another country. No they should not lie and say they are unemployed. Lying will end up with them getting a ban. They don’t have good international travel history. Hard to comment without knowing how much liquid cash savings they have. Their only strong tie would be your grandmother in Thailand.

Would consider a supervisa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No requirements are different. If you and your spouse make over LICO and have savings it is often easier to qualify for a supervisa versus a TRV. If parents have good amount of savings, have travelled internationally to countries similar to Canada and have strong ties to their home country like a job, home they own, etc. they may have a good chance of qualifying for both. It all depends on the family’s situation.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
It is the same. The only difference is that it is up to 10 years. Otherwise, I have seen visa officers refusing based on the same bs they refuse all other applications (economical, political, ties...).

Your chances are not good based on what you mentioned unless you get a good hearted officer. Maybe invite one parent to show he/she comes back to family in Thailand and then get visa for the other one. I am not sure if this works. I haven't heard anyone do it...but it might work since your ties will be stronger.