+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Fiancee

JudeVFrancis

Apr 11, 2019
Hi,
I am in Canada on a PR. I am trying to bring my fiancee who is in India on a TRV to Canada after my marriage in June. I have been working with a certified consultant to apply a TRV for her as an "extended family member". I have submitted all the necessary supporting documentation and letters for the TRV via the consultant and I received the appointment for Biometrics. But my fiancee is not able to book an appointment for Biometrics in the VAC in Bengaluru as they are only processing visa categories of student (SP) ,family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP), Workers (WP) and Returning Students & Workers as of today. Is there any other way to book a biometrics appointment? Or is there any other option (like an exception that can be made for my case)? Is there any one else in the same boat as me? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am in Canada on a PR. I am trying to bring my fiancee who is in India on a TRV to Canada after my marriage in June. I have been working with a certified consultant to apply a TRV for her as an "extended family member". I have submitted all the necessary supporting documentation and letters for the TRV via the consultant and I received the appointment for Biometrics. But my fiancee is not able to book an appointment for Biometrics in the VAC in Bengaluru as they are only processing visa categories of student (SP) ,family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP), Workers (WP) and Returning Students & Workers as of today. Is there any other way to book a biometrics appointment? Or is there any other option (like an exception that can be made for my case)? Is there any one else in the same boat as me? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
An exception won't be made.

Her options are to either wait until biometrics start being processed in India for TRVs - or to travel to Dubai or Nepal to get biometrics done sooner.

Reactions: JudeVFrancis

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
An exception won't be made.

Her options are to either wait until biometrics start being processed in India for TRVs - or to travel to Dubai or Nepal to get biometrics done sooner.
Hi, what can do we in case the biometrics are done. should we just wait or send an ircc exception email for immediate family member to continue the process as it looks like even after bio is done. online application still says biometrics not received.

Kush.k19

Jan 27, 2020
JudeVFrancis - How much time did it take for the Biometrics letter to come post applying the TRV ?

Also, can you share how did you write the Purpose of Visit and justified her returning back to India(if you saw it as a need and did it) ?

I am in a similar situation and will be getting married sometime this month. And I am planning to file for my would be wife's TRV and Outland PR post marriage. What do you think about it in terms of getting the approvals and timelines ?

Thanks, Kush

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
JudeVFrancis - How much time did it take for the Biometrics letter to come post applying the TRV ?

Also, can you share how did you write the Purpose of Visit and justified her returning back to India(if you saw it as a need and did it) ?

I am in a similar situation and will be getting married sometime this month. And I am planning to file for my would be wife's TRV and Outland PR post marriage. What do you think about it in terms of getting the approvals and timelines ?

Thanks, Kush
biometrics letter comes right away when u submit the application online. the only thing is that it is not opened yet in India so might have to go dubai or nepal. u can send all the docs justifying that she is married and your marriage is done and she is working in India (if she is) and her ties to home country, bank balance to prove enough funds for her visit in canada.

Reactions: JudeVFrancis

JudeVFrancis

Apr 11, 2019

Thanks, Kush
It's exactly what @cj7 has mentioned except for the fact that I am not married yet

Last edited:

Kush.k19

Jan 27, 2020
Hi @JudeVFrancis , thanks a lot for the quick reply. Do you mid sharing the details of your certified consultant ? Also, could you post here once the biometrics for TRV are done in your case and how is the application proceeding(pace) ?

Thanks in advance,
Kush

JudeVFrancis

Apr 11, 2019
Hi @JudeVFrancis , thanks a lot for the quick reply. Do you mid sharing the details of your certified consultant ? Also, could you post here once the biometrics for TRV are done in your case and how is the application proceeding(pace) ?

Thanks in advance,
Kush
I am not sure if I can disclose the details of my consultant in a public form. The biometrics for TRV have not been opened in India yet. There won't be any progress on the TRV application until the biometrics is submitted. I will post any update if/when biometrics for TRV have opened in India.