+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for exploratory visit next to impossible for Asians

NS RMP

Apr 4, 2014
Please note that if you belong to any of third world countries to get TRV for exploratory visit is next to impossible
I don't want to be negative but that is a bitter truth . I can say to get invitation for visit is easier than to get TRV from Asian countries.
even if you show net worth worth millions, business / job, family ties which states your entire family ( wife and kids) are back home travel history which includes successful multiple entry tourist visas and travels to UK Australia Singapore New Zealand for holidays police clearance certificate no past visa violations in any country support letters from Morden these visa officers just don't approve visa
I really fail to understand if this is the case than They must come up with an alternative to visit and interview or they must take interview in some other country like Singapore for Asian applicants as we are getting penalised for no fault of ours.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Please note that if you belong to any of third world countries to get TRV for exploratory visit is next to impossible
I don't want to be negative but that is a bitter truth . I can say to get invitation for visit is easier than to get TRV from Asian countries.
even if you show net worth worth millions, business / job, family ties which states your entire family ( wife and kids) are back home travel history which includes successful multiple entry tourist visas and travels to UK Australia Singapore New Zealand for holidays police clearance certificate no past visa violations in any country support letters from Morden these visa officers just don't approve visa
I really fail to understand if this is the case than They must come up with an alternative to visit and interview or they must take interview in some other country like Singapore for Asian applicants as we are getting penalised for no fault of ours.
Thousands of TRVs are issued daily to third world nations.

As long as your case is strong and you do it properly there should be no problems.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Even Saudi citizens are getting refusal.
That could be due to the political situation. Or if these Saudi citizens had traveled to or lived in 'high-risk countries'. Or maybe the applicants didn't present their strong ties to Saudi properly

These are general statements/observations. One needs to know the complete facts of these Saudi citizen applicants to understand the reasons for refusal

Last edited:

NS RMP

Apr 4, 2014
Thousands of TRVs are issued daily to third world nations.

As long as your case is strong and you do it properly there should be no problems.
Sir agreed but my point is for exploratory visits which are mandatory under MPNP program and not just TRV for tourism purpose thanks

desert soul

Sep 5, 2017
Jeddah
Visa Office......
Jeddah
@Legend6892

Legend you seems to be quite furstrated from the canadian visa system from saudi arabia.

Did you have applied for visa and faced such experience or you are just sharing your view.

Dont mind my question im asking you because im planning to apply as well from jeddah vfs

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
@Legend6892

Legend you seems to be quite furstrated from the canadian visa system from saudi arabia.

Did you have applied for visa and faced such experience or you are just sharing your view.

Dont mind my question im asking you because im planning to apply as well from jeddah vfs
I got refusal by Canada Visa Office Riyadh twice, also my very close friend is working as travel agent said that applying for a Canadian visa in Saudi Arabia is wasting of money as chances of getting approval are very low and for Pakistanies seems to be impossible.

Recommending you not to apply for TRV from Saudi Arabia these days.

PM me for more information.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
I got refusal by Canada Visa Office Riyadh twice, also my very close friend is working as travel agent said that applying for a Canadian visa in Saudi Arabia is wasting of money as chances of getting approval are very low and for Pakistanies seems to be impossible.

PM me for more information.
The information about refusal rate from Canada Visa Office Riyadh was provided to us by VFS supervisor for Canadian VAC in Jeddah.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is not good advice.

Let's assume someone is employed in KSA, Pakistani passport, family/dependents in KSA, no property in Pakistan and/or has been living in KSA since many years.

Scenario 1:
If s/he applies from Country XX (not Pakistan), it would be difficult to prove her/his strong ties in Country XX where s/he has temporary residence = Higher chances of a TRV refusal.

Scenario 2:
If s/he applies from Pakistan, again, it would be difficult to prove her/his strong ties to Pakistan because s/he is not employed in Pakistan, no property, no family, etc.

Also, we've seen a number of posts where VFS Pakistan refused to accept documents that help to prove someone's strong ties to Pakistan (paper applications) for reasons that make zero sense.

In both scenarios, background checks are possible.

IMO, regardless of where one applies from, you must be able to demonstrate your strong ties to that country.

Legend6892: Sorry to say this, your successive visit visa refusals from three countries in a short span of one year, would make the visa officer to question why these countries refused you + why you have been applying so often to these countries

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
This is not good advice.

Let's assume someone is employed in KSA, Pakistani passport, family/dependents in KSA, no property in Pakistan and/or has been living in KSA since many years.

Scenario 1:
If s/he applies from Country XX (not Pakistan), it would be difficult to prove her/his strong ties in Country XX where s/he has temporary residence = Higher chances of a TRV refusal.

Scenario 2:
If s/he applies from Pakistan, again, it would be difficult to prove her/his strong ties to Pakistan because s/he is not employed in Pakistan, no property, no family, etc.

Also, we've seen a number of posts where VFS Pakistan refused to accept documents that help to prove someone's strong ties to Pakistan (paper applications) for reasons that make zero sense.

In both scenarios, background checks are possible.

IMO, regardless of where one applies from, you must be able to demonstrate your strong ties to that country.

Legend6892: Sorry to say this, your successive visit visa refusals from three countries in a short span of one year, would make the visa officer to question why these countries refused you + why you have been applying so often to these countries
The information regarding refusal rate from Canada Visa Office Riyadh was provided to us by VFS supervisor for Canadian VAC in Jeddah.He said that applicants who have applied before February 2017 had 60% chance to get approved for all nationalities and processing time was 7 days.Now the chances of approval dropped to 10% for all nationalities and processing time is 30 days now.Also, most of the travel agents have stopped submitting applications for Canadian TRV for their clients these days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The information regarding refusal rate from Canada Visa Office Riyadh was provided to us by VFS supervisor for Canadian VAC in Jeddah.He said that applicants who have applied before February 2017 had 60% chance to get approved for all nationalities and processing time was 7 days.Now the chances of approval dropped to 10% for all nationalities and processing time is 30 days now.Also, most of the travel agents have stopped submitting applications for Canadian TRV for their clients these days.
No idea where VFS got these statistics from. Official data is not available.

I believe the possible underlying reasons for refusals are the political situation in the ME or in an applicant's home country (many are from politically unstable countries, but residing in the ME).... or may be potential asylum seekers..... or may have simply not presented their ties well

ZZoro

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
No idea where VFS got these statistics from. Official data is not available.

I believe the possible underlying reasons for refusals are the political situation in the ME or in an applicant's home country (many are from politically unstable countries, but residing in the ME).... or may be potential asylum seekers..... or may have simply not presented their ties well
I think only extremely rich people with big established businesses in Pakistan get Canadian trv,,,, like my sister got it.... with no Travel history,,, but she is very very rich.. although her kids didn't get their visas, so they stayed back.. i applied now,,, to visit the same uncle..... but with a very normal bank balance,,, and job..... I am not really too bothered about a refusal frankly, but yeah, the feeling of not touching some part of the world does bother me a little.... i think everyone should be able to go where ever they want,, as long as they r not criminals or any security threat.... just my opinion...

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
I think only extremely rich people with big established businesses in Pakistan get Canadian trv,,,, like my sister got it.... with no Travel history,,, but she is very very rich.. although her kids didn't get their visas, so they stayed back.. i applied now,,, to visit the same uncle..... but with a very normal bank balance,,, and job..... I am not really too bothered about a refusal frankly, but yeah, the feeling of not touching some part of the world does bother me a little.... i think everyone should be able to go where ever they want,, as long as they r not criminals or any security threat.... just my opinion...
My rich Pakistani friend had applied for Canadain TRV and still got rejected. He submitted 6 months bank statement with balance +700,000 Saudi Riyals and travel history for UK 30+ visits , USA 10+ visits, Europe 20 + visits and many others countries.

Reason of refusal was current employment situation.

Its all about Luck !!!