+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for exploratory visit next to impossible for Asians

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
You know why its nearly impossible? I see every day on these forums people asking how to create the paperwork to make a visitors visa to show how they have ties at home and then the next next message asking what the chances of getting a work permit and staying in Canada and the process of extending their stay.

Its going to get harder and harder for legit tourists to get a visa because people wont stop using a visitor visa as a back door method to get into Canada and stay.

Stop this and visas because easier for everyone.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
You know why its nearly impossible? I see every day on these forums people asking how to create the paperwork to make a visitors visa to show how they have ties at home and then the next next message asking what the chances of getting a work permit and staying in Canada and the process of extending their stay.

Its going to get harder and harder for legit tourists to get a visa because people wont stop using a visitor visa as a back door method to get into Canada and stay.

Stop this and visas because easier for everyone.
You are right !!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sir agreed but my point is for exploratory visits which are mandatory under MPNP program and not just TRV for tourism purpose thanks
Yeah, it's a bit contradictory because in general, to be approved for a TRV, you must not show intent to stay in Canada permanently, but the exploratory visit to MPNP suggests exactly that. It's better to already have been approved for a TRV prior to pursuing the MPNP exploratory visit stream. You may want to consider alternative immigration streams in this regard.

There is dual intent for TRV applications, which I somehow managed for my last TRV application (while my PR application was being processed), but it is hard to prove. I think what worked in my favor was that I had ideal travel histories to Canada and the US without ever overstaying.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp