+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Brazilian GF

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
I met a Brazilian woman from Natal at Xmas time. I went back there last week to spend two weeks with her. I will be going to Parana for 2 months for work this summer and 1 month in Natal. We would like to apply for a TRV for her to come in September for 2-3 weeks. The idea is to fly back together. She only speaks Portuguese.

She is 45 (I am 55) and has worked for the Federal govt for more 25 years. She also owns property in Natal. She lives with her two young adult children. Her father also lives in the same city. Her ties to Brazil are strong. However, I doubt she has enough money to show that she can be a tourist for the visit in September.

I don't have an issue for her staying at my place or paying for her. However, after reading the forums it seems that declaring she is my GF will torpedo her TRV application.

What is the best way to approach this? TIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I met a Brazilian woman from Natal at Xmas time. I went back there last week to spend two weeks with her. I will be going to Parana for 2 months for work this summer and 1 month in Natal. We would like to apply for a TRV for her to come in September for 2-3 weeks. The idea is to fly back together. She only speaks Portuguese.

She is 45 (I am 55) and has worked for the Federal govt for more 25 years. She also owns property in Natal. She lives with her two young adult children. Her father also lives in the same city. Her ties to Brazil are strong. However, I doubt she has enough money to show that she can be a tourist for the visit in September.

I don't have an issue for her staying at my place or paying for her. However, after reading the forums it seems that declaring she is my GF will torpedo her TRV application.

What is the best way to approach this? TIA
She shows her own travel history, funds (cash in the bank), ties to return and valid reasons to travel. For ties to return, she shows her job letter with approved leave, owned property, any investments etc. Her children are not a tie if they are over 22. How much money can she show. IRCC will want to see that she has cash in the bank.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Thank you for your quick response. She has a passport but no travel history. Her kids are 22 and 24.

I don't mind floating the cash to bump her total. But I guess that would mean waiting 4 months before applying...

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
So, she can get a letter from her employer saying that she is a permanent federal employee. She can prove that she has property. I will screenshot flights and hotels in Montreal.

I am looking for advice for the best way I can help show that she has the funds for this trip. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, she can get a letter from her employer saying that she is a permanent federal employee. She can prove that she has property. I will screenshot flights and hotels in Montreal.

I am looking for advice for the best way I can help show that she has the funds for this trip. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Funds are cash in her bank account over a 4 month period, or any investment accounts. You cannot dump money in her account because she has to say where it is from and why. So she shows what she has. If you provide your bank statements, it may or may not raise red flags why a friend must support her financially.

Her letter states that she has approved leave.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
I am just concerned that they ask for proof of funding for the TRV. Our plan is not to do permanent residence but 6 months here, 6 months there.

I don't know how to prepare for that eventuality. Any suggestions?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am just concerned that they ask for proof of funding for the TRV. Our plan is not to do permanent residence but 6 months here, 6 months there.

I don't know how to prepare for that eventuality. Any suggestions?
But 6 months is a long time. She needs to show considerable amount of funds. So she gets 6 months off a year from her job? Her job letter has approved leave for that long? That doesn’t show ties to return. She shows the funds she has.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
@Naturgri, thank you so much for taking time to respond to me. I shouldn't have brought up the 6 months, 6 months.

My concern is when doing a TRV for her. Is the letter from her employer, the document that shows she owns property, screenshots of the flight and hotel enough? If they ask her to show funds, I don't think it will help. I will be taking care of her flight and she will be staying with me in Montreal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Naturgri, thank you so much for taking time to respond to me. I shouldn't have brought up the 6 months, 6 months.

My concern is when doing a TRV for her. Is the letter from her employer, the document that shows she owns property, screenshots of the flight and hotel enough? If they ask her to show funds, I don't think it will help. I will be taking care of her flight and she will be staying with me in Montreal.
She should definitely show her own funds / savings. This is quite important.

You don't need to show a flight. It's not really a tie of any kind. Plus you don't want to buy flights until the TRV is actually approved.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Thank you Scylia for taking time to answer. I understand that she needs to show her funds. Her account will not show sufficient funds supporting a trip to Canada. I am wondering how others dealt with this. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Scylia for taking time to answer. I understand that she needs to show her funds. Her account will not show sufficient funds supporting a trip to Canada. I am wondering how others dealt with this. Thanks!
So she asks for a 2-3 week visit then if her funds are not sufficient. If she doesn’t have a lot of funds then she includes what she has, and show strong ties to return (job letter with approved leave, investments, income property etc. ).

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Thank you Naturgri. I have started to fill out the form. I think we will ask for 10-14 days. She told me that her friend has some family here. They might be willing to write a letter inviting her. Could that help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgri. I have started to fill out the form. I think we will ask for 10-14 days. She told me that her friend has some family here. They might be willing to write a letter inviting her. Could that help?
Honestly an inviation letter from a friend’s family member is not an important document. Is she going to visit and stay with them? Does she know them well, and have a relationship with them?

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Honestly an inviation letter from a friend’s family member is not an important document. Is she going to visit and stay with them? Does she know them well, and have a relationship with them?
No, probably very little time if any.
I am thinking of submitting her letter of employment from the federal govt that she has been given vacation days, the document gives info on her retirement pension plan, is there anything else?

Thanks again!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, probably very little time if any.
I am thinking of submitting her letter of employment from the federal govt that she has been given vacation days, the document gives info on her retirement pension plan, is there anything else?

Thanks again!
Then no point in submitting an invitation letter. Her letter of employment should state that she has approved leave for the days she wants to come to Canada. So xx has approved leave from May 1-21, 2024 as an example. If she shows months of vacation days then IRCC will wonder how long she is coming to Canada. Documents that prove return - house ownership, investment properties etc.