+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Delayed

Danijordan

Mar 28, 2016
Hi there,
I am expected to attend summer course at the beginning of May at Toronto University.
I applied for TRV over 45 days ago. Nothing has happened to my application.
The normal processing time is 14 days which is very reasonable.
I thought invitation from Canadian institution has weight in facilitating visa process. From what I am and you 're experiencing it is very unpredictable.
Now I have the following questions for senior advisors.
I have discussed with organizers and they 're very upset and sent another support letter to processing visa section.
Does it mean rejection if it stays more than normal processing time ?
What will happen to my application if my scheduled course date passes ?
Does it make any difference if my sponsor (university ) sends a support letter to visa office ?
I have left around two weeks which is quite short time.
I am little bit worried.
What do you suggest ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Danijordan said:
Does it mean rejection if it stays more than normal processing time ?
No

Danijordan said:
What will happen to my application if my scheduled course date passes ?
It will end its process in a normal fashion.

Danijordan said:
Does it make any difference if my sponsor (university ) sends a support letter to visa office ?
How did they claim they do that? Applications are personal and any document should be submitted by you and you only UNLESS requested by CIC.

Danijordan said:
I have left around two weeks which is quite short time.
I am little bit worried.
What do you suggest ?
Be patient. Best of lucks.

Danijordan

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks Jalex,

They were asking me the email address of the embassy to send the visa support letter and other documents in addition to my formal visa application.

Six years ago I had the same kind of invitation to visit Canada but I went to Scandinavian country.

At the time also the organiser told me that they would communicate with Embassy on my behafe once they get the address.

I don't know if this kind of intervention irritates the officers. They just want to clarify if the officers are doubtful about everything.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Danijordan said:
They were asking me the email address of the embassy to send the visa support letter and other documents in addition to my formal visa application.

Six years ago I had the same kind of invitation to visit Canada but I went to Scandinavian country.

At the time also the organiser told me that they would communicate with Embassy on my behafe once they get the address.

I don't know if this kind of intervention irritates the officers. They just want to clarify if the officers are doubtful about everything.
Most likely the communication will be discarded before reaching any "officer", as the applicant is the only one who is allowed to provide more information about his/her case.