+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV approved - questions about length of stay and ticket purchase

Thevisitor

Jun 27, 2014
I've been approved for TRV and needed advice on my length of stay and extension as i do have few concerns.

On my application i indicated to visit Canada for 2 weeks but i'm looking to possibly extending to a month or two. Once i arrive at port of entry, the immigration officer might ask me how long do i plan to stay. Should i tell my desired duration of stay? I'm a little worried as it may conflict with the application i submitted. Is there a possible the officer might stamp the return date i chose on my application?\

Also in terms of ticket purchase, should i avail for open ticket as i'm not sure which date should i leave Canada?
Or round trip with a selected return date? Again i'm worried the officer may see if would mismatch with my application.

Any input especially from those who had the same case would be greatly appreciated.\cell \lastrow\row}

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you may tell immigration about your desired stay duration and get open ticket.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thevisitor said:
Thank you!
Any idea if immigration officer stamps the return date on passport?
Sometimes they stamp and sometimes not.

M

mikeymyke

Just say, "I'd love to stay longer if granted, but 2 weeks would be fine with me, sir/madam". If you're a credible and honest person, and you have sufficient funds, you will have a good chance of getting an extended stay.

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Thevisitor said:
Thank you!
Any idea if immigration officer stamps the return date on passport?
If they stamp the date that is when you need to leave by. If there is no stamp it is valid for 6 months from date of arrival. You could always see what you get and request an extension. You would have implied status until you get an answer back.

Thevisitor

Jun 27, 2014
Thanks for the inputs!

The only thing that worries me if when they stamp a return date :(
I'm thinking of getting a round trip ticket with a return date already set (desired stay).

In terms of applying for extension, how long am i allowed to stay under implied status and how soon should i hear back for a response?

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
The processing time for online application is 15 days and 44 for mailed in application.

jabason

May 13, 2014
Hi I am waiting for my study permit result, however my spouse will be taking a TRV once my study visa gets approved. My husband has decided to take tourist visa for three weeks considering the fact that it would be approved for six months so that he could stay in Canada and apply for an open work permit. To my surprise I see in this forum that if we ask visa for three weeks the visa granting officer will only provide it for three weeks and stamp it for three weeks, hence we could not stay for six month.

Senior Members could you please advise on this as in my opinion no matter how many days we apply for TRV we would be granted for a maximum of six months.

Thanks in advance

Jabs

liverlover

Jun 19, 2014
i think there's a new rule in issuing visa... they could give you a maximum validity depending on your passport validity... i am applying now and waiting for the result. I hope I could get the visa with multiple entry :)

mrao

Jun 9, 2014
Hi
My TRV also approved. Do we need pay VAC fee and Visa service charges. It is confusing. Could you please
I need to send my passport and applicable fee. I am from USA (do we need pay $43 or $34 or both ?
Thanks four your help

liverlover

Jun 19, 2014
mrao said:
Hi
My TRV also approved. Do we need pay VAC fee and Visa service charges. It is confusing. Could you please
I need to send my passport and applicable fee. I am from USA (do we need pay $43 or $34 or both ?
Thanks four your help
if you need VAC assistance, you need to pay :)